Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would BF2 be like with more Navy ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would BF2 be like with more Navy ships?

Just wondering how things would be if.....

The USS Essex can be moved (ala BF 1942).... probably theres always gonna be a jerk who will beach the ship ...or could they set up like an imaginary sand bar to prevent morons from doing so....

How about underwater / scuba gear complete with harpoons ? that might make things interesting....

or maybe power up the freaking dinghys that we use... make the legit gunboats...

just brainstorming ..and bored :hmm:

Re: what would BF2 be like with more Navy ships?

In BF6 perhaps...
    First they got to patch all the previous versions to playable state

Comment

I do miss ships from BF1942/DC, and it would be good to be able to get closer to land on something more powerful.

Perhaps a future expansion pack, or a mod.

Comment

How about underwater / scuba gear complete with harpoons ? that might make things interesting....
        now there is an idea I like...think about it...imagine what you could do if you didn't have to swim? Obviously there would be limited scuba gear...but you could go under water like the seals and sneak to other places. It would make maps like Wake easier for the marines to get a foothold.

Comment

it sure would add to chinese paranoia in wake..... they will never know wer e the enemy is coming from....well maybe not ...lol i forgot commander scans and uav ...hehehehe any way thanks raceacontari

Comment

Hi,
            1st post so go easy lol..

Don't know if any of you folks ever played, delta force 2 was basically what BF2 is like now but you couldn't use vehicles.

you got underwater gear, ghille suits, M82 semi auto .50cal(awsome what BF2 needs) silenced MP5, M4 with masterkey(shotgun)

It was an awsome game(for the time) dated as H%&L now though lol.

Comment

Those Ideas would most deffinatly be an awsome twist to the game BUT EA needs to fix the damned game as it is now before they go there.

Comment

I noticed that in the SF sound files there are some sound effects for swimming underwater. There's an underwater filter, swimming noise, and a drowning sound.

Comment

I think the carriers should be able to bombard the coast and I think the turret should have its range doubled. One thing that I think would be cool in the game is laser-guided missiles. Have a soldier paint a target with a laser and then an aircraft drops a bomb that seeks out of the laser, like in Clear and Present Danger. It would be a nice teamwork weapon.

Comment

I like your thinking but not really your ideas, no offence though.

Imagine a Wake 64 p server where people are in cars, sniping in some bushes etc and then half the team getting lost in the lagoon scuba diving a small squad will take the island when the other team is securing some beachhead somewhere

The idea is very good though to have a more dynamic game with other ways of killing and advancing, I just dont see it in BF2.

I'm waiting for Enemy territory:Quake wars and hopefully that will bring some futuristic/crazy inspiration to games like bf2

Comment

Meh, not really. The Battlefield series has always had too small of a confined battlefield to make these things really effective.

Comment

It's funny how Navy Seals specilise in operations that require them to reach there objective by going underwater (hence the name seals) yet in SF you cant even go under water.

Comment

I would be more interested in large scale naval battle.

China: 051C cruiser, missile sub with long range AA
                          US: Nimitz class carrier, aegis cruiser
                          MEC: russian nuclear cruiser + a bunch of small ships.

Comment

i think it would be cool. but just think of what it'd be like with a destroyer/battleship like in 1942 at Oman. Just bring it close as u can to the beach and just keep launching shells at the flags. realistically u could probably base rape the hell out of the mec.

HOWEVER. I think it would be amazing. Coral sea.

USA vs MEC
                            each side gets 1 carrier, 1 battleship. 2 destroyers. 2 planes, 1 transport heli, and lots of boats.
                            all of them are destroyable including the carrier. the carrier isnt movable. but the others are. I think this would be great.

Battleship has no AA but 2-3 massive guns that are much like the tank main gun.
                            destroyers have 1 gun like this. and 1 AA
                            carrier having 2 AA.

Comment

One of the largest things I miss is the coop style artillery from bf42. I loved looking through the scope of a sniper and laying down artillery strikes from miles away.

So fun and really inspired team play. The ships artillery was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X