Need help for performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for performance

Well since patch 1.2 bf2 couldnt be performing any worse. I have fraps and I'm getting fps 10-25 at most. In patches 1.0 to 1.12 things were ok[same specs but 6600 gt].

I have:
    Nvidia 7800 gt oc[overclocked]
    Pentium 4 3 ghz
    1 gb 3200 ram
    I first had the settings pretty high, most things were high and x2 antialiasing with 100% view distance. It worked pretty horribly[patch 1.2 still] and so i turned things down to mediums on most and no AA and 90% view distance and a couple things high. Barely improbeved to 12 fps-25 max. Not sure what to do need help guys.

Re: Need help for performance

/offtopic : Why would someone with a Nvidia 7800 GT need to overclock it?

Have you tried deleting the cache folder in /my docs/BF2/ since you installed the new gfx card?

Comment

Well i dont think im actually overclocking it but that was the name on the box[Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT OC]. I'll try deleting the cache file now.

*Edit: Alright that seemed to help a lot. Sure its not running as fast as i would hope[come on a 7800... should be silky.....] but itll do. Any other tips or things to help would be....helpful.

Comment

yeah but u need 2 GB ram to run BF2 smooth.
        I installed another GB last week and it runs very fast now.

Athlon XP 3000+
        2 GB DDR 400 RAM (no name )
        Gforce 6800 GT

€dit: u should delete the files ptegan mentioned everytime u altered the graphic settings to make sure BF2 is "optimizing" (lol what a joke issnt it?) em.

Comment

I cant believe this but BF2 runs jumpy for me and not very impressive fps either.. May be 65fps at one point and then drop to 50 or even 40, and then back up again. 1280x1024, x4 aa + x8 af.

Numbers sound ok to me but gameplay isnt smooth, i got a 2meb bt yahoo broadband connection. Single player runs pretty badly too

I dont know wots wrong with my computer, is the intel processor to blame?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Bob_GER
            yeah but u need 2 GB ram to run BF2 smooth.
            I installed another GB last week and it runs very fast now.

Athlon XP 3000+
            2 GB DDR 400 RAM (no name )
            Gforce 6800 GT

€dit: u should delete the files ptegan mentioned everytime u altered the graphic settings to make sure BF2 is "optimizing" (lol what a joke issnt it?) em.
            U dont need 2GB at all, u need a good sense of how to achieve performance through the system u have. If u have got 1GB of RAM & 50 processes running in the background, thats ur problem. Im on 1.5G & ive only ot 13 processes running in the background, all just the windows essentials.

Comment

Originally posted by lewis_johnstone
              I cant believe this but BF2 runs jumpy for me and not very impressive fps either.. May be 65fps at one point and then drop to 50 or even 40, and then back up again. 1280x1024, x4 aa + x8 af.

Numbers sound ok to me but gameplay isnt smooth, i got a 2meb bt yahoo broadband connection. Single player runs pretty badly too

I dont know wots wrong with my computer, is the intel processor to blame?
              Ur FPS is great, i dont understand what ur problem is, jumpy u say, with getting 40fps minimum u shudn't notice any jumpyness.

Its prolly LAG internet LAG ur getting. Check ur PC for virus, adware, spware.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
                Ur FPS is great, i dont understand what ur problem is, jumpy u say, with getting 40fps minimum u shudn't notice any jumpyness.

Its prolly LAG internet LAG ur getting. Check ur PC for virus, adware, spware.
                It's jumpy in single player too though

Comment

Whats your PSU and the rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                    Whats your PSU and the rails?
                    It's a 460W psu, dunno what the rails are

Comment

Yeah lets keep hijacking my thread

Anyways what settings should i have? Ill write what i have now once i play again[should be soon].

Comment

Ok everything is medium x2 aa 100% view distance. I looked at that tweak guide thats in one of the stickies and going to try it now.

Comment

well maybe it seems funny to you guys, but i just "un-dusted" my computer and all my lag is gone now. Maybe helps for you guys too.

Comment

Well im willing to do anything so ill try that

Comment

Working...
                            X