patch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch problem

I've had the patch installed for several days now. I'm noticing a couple of things:

I just got promoted tonight (SSG) but I'm not able to choose one of the new unlocks that came with the new patch. I already have the M95 Sniper but it won't let me choose the new Sniper. In fact it doesn't show any of the new unlocks (except in BFHQ when I scroll through the classes)

Any ideas why it won't let me pick up the next rifle in the sniper series....??

I have also noticed my version number didn't change (on screen) after installing the patch but everything else indicates I have the patch (new weapons visible, I can see the UAVs etc).........

Re: patch problem

this prob means that u dont have SF

Comment

Need Special Forces.

Comment

NO u dont need to buy SF as Wargimp explains
        "Re: OMG The L96A1 !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far as I can tell, yeah... there's nothing illegal about logging into your account on a friend's computer who has SF and getting those unlocks. Technically, you allready own that content since it's resident in standard BF2.

It's an oops on EA's part, but I was looking at the legal issues and couldn't find any.

On the other hand, SF is (in my opinion) worth it for it's other elements. Lots more maps and I do love hooks and zips. I've even warmed up to the night maps (fuggin night maps) slightly "

BTW sorry in advance to wargimp for qouting him w/o his knowledge or approval

Comment

Firstly, ConscriptVirus & Pirate are correct when they say you need SF. The fact that you don't actually have to buy it but can use a 'friends' just the once is another solution

And I don't think you actually have to ask Wargimp before you quote him

Comment

I just felt like being polite in this case... wait....come to think of it im being too nice for the past few days....?!?!?

oh my god i must have some brain tumor or some weird terminal disease ...!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Comment

Thanks for the replies....I thought the patch itself brought some new weapons to the table....I don't have the SF add-on.

Should the version number on my BFHQ be 1.1.2xxxxx or 1.2.1xxxxxxx???

Right now it is 1.1.2xxxx AFTER the patch. Just making sure I don't need to re-apply the patch.

Comment

The number is just a random thing that doesnt matter.
                The not being able to pick up the new sniper off dead peoples body just means that you either are pressing the wrong button or you are grabbing a differant kit that it near you.

Comment

1.12 is 1.1.25xx
                  1.2 is 1.1.26xx

Comment

Thanks again....the number had me scratching my head a bit... :hmm:

PS> I can pick up weapons from db's ... I initially asked about unlocking the new sniper rifle that appeared when I applied the patch. I had maxed out my sniper rifle under vanilla and wanted to pick up the new one....looks like I need SF.

Comment

Working...
                    X