PunkBuster setup v2.3 or 2.4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster setup v2.3 or 2.4 ?

Ok I just try'd to use pbsetup to update my PB games & it reported a new version, downloaded & installed said version then reported it must shutdown & restart, clicked OK and restarted. Banner still reads 2.3 so I click update and it downloads and installs 2.4 again & asks for restart.

So I jump through the hoops a few more times then go to the Evenballance web site nothing in there forums and thier download section still only has ver 2.3

Any body else use it and get it to update properly ???

Update: Ok I guess the 50th time is the charm the program update finanly took banner now reads v2.4.

Re: PunkBuster setup v2.3 or 2.4 ?

Use this instead:

Put it in your PB dir and run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      Use this instead:

Put it in your PB dir and run it.
      But pbweb blows if you look on the evenballance site they offer pbsetup (that is 10 times faster).

Comment

Meh..I still use it. I find pbsetup too flaky.

Sometimes it'll update, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it even says that I don't have punkbuster installed.

Sorry for offering an alternative solution

Comment

I know what you mean, my pbweb.exe just update dto 2.4 with no issues..

Comment

...and it's so freakin' fast too... Don't know why so many people complain about it.

Comment

And why punkbuster offers the other method, used the pbweb.exe is the most efficent way to update.

Comment

Working...
              X