Ground color/texture seriously messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground color/texture seriously messed up

Alright I dont consider myself new to map making but this one has me stumped.

Im all done with this map, everything is polished, lights shadows, minimap bla bla.
    But at one point long ago I had a CTD problem I tried to fix with replacement of some files with ones from another map and I cannot for the life of me figure out which files they are.

The ground, up close and far away, looks painted for another map. None of the con files reference to anything besides this map and I have redone the textures low and normal detal as well as color maps light settings etc.

Here are some SS to explain it better, if anyone knows which files would do this to me let me know, Ive compliled everything at least twice and cleaned the color/detail folders before doing so. There should be nothing but grass tarmack rock and sand and this is what it looks like: (in the editor its fine)

Those roads are not in the editor either. And that water to the right of the hangar is just color not water.

Re: Ground color/texture seriously messed up

Please use JPG format when posting images!!
    Not everyone has high speed internet.

Comment

Done.

Comment

So what you're saying is that those runways aren't supposed to be there? Or jsut the one that is going at an angle?

Comment

The only textures I used were grass, sand, and rock for the steep angles. Along with regular colors. I didnt put any roads in that map yet. The runways are fine, Ill deal with that one runway later. Heres the minimap (zoomed on the island) to explain why the colors on that are way off:

Comment

That is strange. I wonder if creating a new map folder with the same size as this one would help. Then importing all the heightmaps and color, detail maps over to it would eliminate those roads. If it shows roads, then there should be road splines saved somewhere in your maps folder?

Or you might try going into the editor and re-painting those areas that show roads and other things that aren't supposed to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Altec1085
              The ground, up close and far away, looks painted for another map. None of the con files reference to anything besides this map and I have redone the textures low and normal detal as well as color maps light settings etc.

Here are some SS to explain it better, if anyone knows which files would do this to me let me know, Ive compliled everything at least twice and cleaned the color/detail folders before doing so. There should be nothing but grass tarmack rock and sand and this is what it looks like: (in the editor its fine)
              I did redo all that, I didnt try the folder idea yet but Ill see if that will help. The weird thing is there arent any splines. It looks like the paint job of a vanilla map, oman or something similar. But my first thought was that a con file was referencing to the wrong detail/colormap folders. But it wasn't. Ive never seen things like this before except with a messed up envmap but that looks different than this.

Comment

Working...
              X