My commander guide/tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My commander guide/tips

After more then 125 hours as commander, I do have some expierience with it.
    So I want to share my point of view beeing a commander .

It's not like the sticky how to use the stuff and how it works, you must already know that .

First off all, when you are commander you are better to be an engineer, so you can repair your own assets and save the suplie crates for the troops who need them badly .

Then the round starts , every map is difirent, but it comes all to the same .

First wait a bit before deploying the UAV , once the troops come near the first enemy flag, then put out the UAV .

Also , when deploying UAV , don't deploy it on the midle of the enemy flag, outcenter it towards your team, because if you put it on the center a whole part of the UAV will scan after the flag where there aren't any teammates of you .

Also on many maps you can put the UAV just between two flags and cover them both, great advantage.

the artilery .

- don't put artilery always the moment it's available, sometimes it's better to wait a bit, then it's available when it's realy needed and you can take out many many enemy's .

Also, for effective use of artilery you need to use some prediction , for example ,

The enemy is in big numbers going to a flag of your team , don't deploy on them, because when arty reaches the spot, the enemy is long gone .
    just wait a bit, when you see your team is taking out red dots , it means they are going to respawn at the flag they came from , so when you see 10 red dots moving and suddenly there are only 3-4 red dots, place arty on the flag they came from , 15 sec later they respawn and there is artilery taking them out again .

when you see your team is having a hard time taking some flag, and there is a tank of your team there, just think where the tank would be most usefull to cover your team and give them a nice clear path to go to the flag, then drop a suplie crate there, the tank or APC will go to the suplie crate because he knows he has a big chance there to live .

this is also the best use of suplie crates, to send the tanks and APC's where you want (because not many are listening anyway) and give them the long life they need to kill enemy's.
    again don't waste them on assets, only when needed (when you are not an engineer and there is not an engineer there) .

the scan must be used as much as you can, it reveales enemy's who are on flag posts who are not crowded, you do need to spot them because the team doesn't see the red dots of the scan .

About sending orders to your team , don't do it to much, because it's already hard to make them do what you want, and when you are constantly saying this and that, they just end up don't caring .

in the start of the round, think about the enemy flag posts where the most important vehicles spawn (tank, apc, attack chopper, ....) , give two squads or something orders to go to that flag post , if they do, reward them with UAV and suplie crates , this gives them a good chance to take those flags and this way you are putting the enemy team in disadvantage .

As for chatmessages,

Saying next works very often to the team .
    " TEAM, DON'T BREAK YOUR HEADS ON FIRST FLAG, SNEAK TO BACK POINTS"
    " TEAM, GIVE UP ON THAT FLAG, GO TO BACK FLAGS, NOWBODY THERE< EASY POINTS GUYS!!"

also using there nicknames helps, when you are ordering someone something and he just keeps camping or whatever, zoom in , look at his name, and use it , then they feel caught, and mostly do what they should do, for example .

"ROMBAFT, STOP CAMPING THE ROOF, GO TO THE FLAG NOW, ONLY ONE GUY LEFT THERE"

OK, this was it, it's not realy a guide , but more some tips, when your team isn't filled with morons, and you use the tips, there is a very big chance you will win the round .
    But, how important the commander is, it's the team who has to do the work, and if they suck at it, you will loose, nothing to do about that .

Re: My commander guide/tips

good thread.

but i find being commander boring.

Comment

nice information. I command alot. And in fact find it more fun then grunting around. And the points are nice too when you win. And I/team win alot.
      anyways, nice thread, thanks for posting m8.

Comment

Good post with key points on the "next" level of being commander. Armor is a key asset for the team. A CO should pay attention to where his team's armor is and drop supply crates on or nearby to try to keep them healthy. This is true whether they're in a squad or blue smurfs. Make sure to zoom in before dropping supplies to ensure they actually land in an accessible spot - not on a building.

Good point about pulling a squad back from a heavily defended CP. A team can lose a lot of tickets attacking a well defended base. Better to leave some skirmishers while the main body of your team retreats and captures the back flags. This is key on maps like Sharqi or Karkand. Push the enemy back to their main base and then hold them there. The COs scans can alert the team to any enemy trying to break out.

On the UAV, don't use it until you've done a satellite scan and KNOW where it can best be utilized. I see too many COs that put UAVs on bases that are completely unoccupied.

On sending orders to your team I agree, the CO doesn't need to overdo it and if you're really not confident you know BF2 strategy, you probably shouldn't bother sending orders at all. Stick to scanning, spotting and resupply. However, if the CO sees all his squads going to the same CP he needs to give some orders to spread them out.

Comment

Good points. The eningeer kit as a comander is good, but I prefer a spec-ops kit:ar15: I sometimes stay back at base camp and defend the assets. As an engineer, it's hard to defend squat unless you deploy mines.
          Sometimes, I'll take a tank after scanning and attack defenseless flag or move to a better postion to attack a flag.
          those comanders that use supply crates to repair anything is dumb. You just cost your guys some valuable ammo and have just supplied those spec-ops guys more c-4 to blow up the assets.'

Whenever there is a supply crate by an asset, I attach 2 c-4s on it and resupply myself before I blow it up. I was doing this alot on Wake Island. Finally the comander sent a soldier to stop me, but did not relize I was in a tank. Talk about some easy points

Comment

Sometimes its funny to set a strike near a bunch of enemy infantry then drop a crate in the middle of the strike right before it hits and watch them all run towards their doom! :laugh: :laugh:.

BTW: All that stuff you wrote is true, but you shouldnt hold things to long otherwise your team will get ****ed and mutiny you. I usually drop a crate next to any friendly tank I see whenever I get a drop. They can always use it.

Comment

I am a very good commander, but even the best commander can't make the noob teammates do stuff.

I was getting so irratated today, because I was playing karkland, and I kept telling my team, to forget about the flags in the front, and hit up the island. No one was there at all! not a single person on the enemys team.

Being commander is fun, if you have a team that listens. on 90% of public servers, you have players who just run around, and dont even look at the UAV you purposely put over them

Comment

Working...
              X