Map Guide: Gulf of Oman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Map Guide: Gulf of Oman

From my expirence if you dont get in a helo jet or tank then your screwed because the map is so open. And the map basically forces you to either become an engineer or anti tank due to all the vehichles. But on the positve side if I need to get AA kills this is the choice map. Conclusion: Way to open for my liking prefer wake.

Comment

Originally posted by jakswan
      I know this sounds stupid but I've got fed up of my entire team trying to take the Construction Site. So I did a guide, direct link:-

http://www.jakswan.co.uk/index.php?o...id=18&Itemid=9
      The Construction Site isn't as important as the Hotel, that is true; however, USMC taking the Construction Site and keeping their beach bases starts a ticket drain on the MEC so it is advantageous from that perspective. Gulf of Oman is one of the maps where defense is key. Both teams should strive to keep the bases they started the game with so there is no ticket drain. One can rack up a good number of kills between AT mines, C4 and AA. If I'm USMC, I base my squad at the Olive Hill Fort (middle beach base). If we start to lose one of the other bases I dispatch my squad to defend. If MEC, we base at the Hotel and shuttle to the Construction site as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
        "Disconnect and find a server running a good map".
        bah, every map in bf2 is good imo.

Comment

Why do you call tanks and aircrafts "hardware"? *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by jlspence
            The Construction Site isn't as important as the Hotel, that is true; however, USMC taking the Construction Site and keeping their beach bases starts a ticket drain on the MEC so it is advantageous from that perspective. Gulf of Oman is one of the maps where defense is key. Both teams should strive to keep the bases they started the game with so there is no ticket drain. One can rack up a good number of kills between AT mines, C4 and AA. If I'm USMC, I base my squad at the Olive Hill Fort (middle beach base). If we start to lose one of the other bases I dispatch my squad to defend. If MEC, we base at the Hotel and shuttle to the Construction site as needed.
            Yeah good point, it's just that that if your US the Construction site is too easy to defend, mind it does cut both ways. You always get a sniper there, you have to go round the back if your driving something.

I think the point I was trying to make that maybe you'd chuck two players at it and the rest go for Hotel, not twelve players. If I take off as US and look at the map and see our tank heading for the Hotel I just know it's going to be a long day

Ohh I'd love to have a squad like that on my team. I fly mostly on Oman and once the MEC get just one base, you're always looking over your shoulder.

I did add Fusche Pass, direct link:-

Any comments welcome, just my view but thought it may help some players.

Comment

I guess that I like Oman because it has tons of tanks for me to shoot.
              I play AT most of the time when Oman comes up, and really enjoy it when some good people squad up with the right kits and go tank hunting.

Variable,
              I agree with maps 2,3, and 4 regarding the groan
              It's just a matter of taste, and I also like the ambience of Oman. The sunshine brightens up my day during those cold winter days.
              Oman is also a great map to get some experience with choppers, and jets.
              Great sniper map too when 64 players are on it

Comment

Working...
              X