Minimizing for no reason.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimizing for no reason.

this has just started to happen to me a couple days ago. ill be playing a long having fun but all of the sudden....it minimizes. no id dosent crash it just minimizes,VERY ANNOYING, i dont know what is causing this so can anyone help me?

Re: Minimizing for no reason.

Have you changed/updated/reset your firewall/antivirus lately? I hate to tell anyone to turn off their fw/av, but you may want to try and make sure that's not the problem.

Also, anything--anything at all--in the systray should be shut down, with the exception of fw/av software. RealPlayer, quicktime, etc.--a lot of these programs will "take over" while they go out and look for updates, send your information back to the mothership, etc, and that might be triggering windows to switch tasks.

Finally, you should go into msconfig, under start up, and uncheck anything that isn't critical to stop it from starting when windows boots up.

Good luck.

Comment

Maybe you hit your "Windows" key, on your keyboard? So annoying when that happends to me.

Comment

lol, i didnt hit the windows key. but i did just get sygate antvirus........ill turn it off when i play and see if that helps.

Comment

If you have a multifunction HP Printer/scanner this can cause your problem. HP has a little flile in their auto software updater that minimizes some items (especially BF2).

With a quick registry change your minimizing nightmares will be over.

Many HP users have been affected by this.

Comment

Check for spyware too. My younger sister had a similar issue with DoD, and basically it was spyware jacking her PC. Run antivirus, spyware, trojan detecting software.

Here are some freeware suggestions to help you get started

Comment

that happens to me all the time if i leave AIM running. seems to cause it to disconnect and try to reconnect. it forces it's way in front of everything on your computer to reconnect.

Comment

Working...
              X