Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the server send stats?

Is it after the end of each game?

Or, I notice on servers that are 24/7 maps, the server makes you load the map after a certain # of plays. Does it send it then?

Does it vary at all?

Just curious.

Re: When does the server send stats?

All actions that take place on a server (including score) take place at the end of each round, as far as I know.

The reason that some servers have a limited amount of rounds per game, is due to two reasons. One, running round after round without an intermission has been known to drastically increase lag. Two, it usually allows a new person to try out the commander position.

~Salad

Comment

after a new round ?
      if i quit game before current round end...that mean my stat didn't count ?

Comment

yes i think so or if you get disconected. I managed to get 2 badges one night but I got diconected from the server towards the end of the game and they were not added to my stats.

Comment

it is our 'belief'
          that as long as server does not crash
          all scores get posted
          does not matter if player is still in game or not
          otherwise
          admins could really screw all good scores/players by booting them before the round ends
          or really bad players could just quit midgame
          and delete their 'bad round'

Comment

my understanding of this was that scores from partial rounds are still counted to your stats. Apparently they are saved/updated every couple minutes.

Comment

I don't think anyone knows 100% for sure. I'm sure someone tested it but the results are lost to me.

When the game first out we believed that by quitting before the end of a round your scores were not counted. Then someone realised that if you disconnected and reconnected, the server keeps your score. This led people to believe that if you disconnected and didn't return, at the end of the round the server would still send on whatever score you had earned, even though you had left the game before the end.

I believe though that the server updates the master gamespy stat server at the end of every round and not during the game itself.

Comment

I've always had my stats updated properly and all the badges show up eventually, even if i quit in the middle of a round. So it just takes a little bit of time, which seems to lean into the whole "the stats get sent at the end of the round"-theory.

Comment

On MOJO DOJO server it seems to update about 5 minutes after a new map cycle.

So you won't see anything in your bfhq until about 5 minutes after the map switchs.

Comment

well i was playin sharqi last nite,had a bunch of points and would have taken gold but sumone fired a m203 at me point blank and it CTD'd on me.couldnt reconnect cause the server got full,but at the end of the round my mate who was still told me on vent that i got silver!
                    so it must keep the score even if it disconnects.

Comment

All actions are recorded as the round goes on, no matter what you do. At the end of each round, the actions are sent to the stat server for interpretation and updating, REGARDLESS of which players are in and/or out of the game at the time.

Don't believe me? Join a server, get a few points, and rejoin the server. When you get back in, the server will correctly give you the points you had before leaving.

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                        Don't believe me? Join a server, get a few points, and rejoin the server. When you get back in, the server will correctly give you the points you had before leaving.

~Salad
                        Yeah, but those stats aren't coming from the Gamespy server but the server where the game is being run isn't it?

Comment

Yes, the server keeps track of it, and when you join, it will recall what it has stored for you and assigns it to you.

Even if you don't rejoin, that score is still saved, and still sent to gamespy.

~Salad

Comment

I want to know whether the stats are sent at the end of a ROUND (if there are more than one), or when it LOADS a new/same map. Instinct tells me it's when it loads, but that could be totally wrong.

Comment

They are sent at the end of a round, I already specified that.

~Salad

Comment

Working...
                              X