installing games prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing games prob

When i go to install some games it always get hung up on the second disc. When i try to install bf2 and i also tried call of duty , i insert the second disc when it asks and it never loads it. Games like joint ops have worked tho. I had to manually install bf2. Does anyone know y it always stops loading when i insert the second disc? I dont think its my drive cause my comp is brand new but i could be wrong.

Re: installing games prob

Do you know if it's hanging at the end of the installations at the point where
    it looks to see if you need Direct X ??

Comment

No, like it installs all of disc 1then it asks to insert disc 2. I insert disc 2 and it starts to sound like its gonna load the disc and the it just stops. It happens with multiple games not just bf2.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Perhaps your auto notification is screwed up? From microsoft on a similar topic:

Disable the Auto Insert Notification Feature

To disable the Auto Insert Notification feature, follow these steps:

NOTE: If you disable this feature, CD-ROM-based programs and audio compact discs do not start automatically when you insert a CD-ROM or audio compact disc into the CD-ROM drive.

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
          2. Double-click System.
          3. On the Device Manager tab, click the PLUS SIGN (+) next to CDROM to expand the branch.
          4. Click the CD-ROM drive for which you want to disable the Auto Insert Notification feature, and then click Properties.
          5. Click the Settings tab, and then click to clear the Auto Insert Notification check box.
          6. Click OK until you return to Control Panel.
          7. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.

Could be something screwey not talking between MSXP and your CD drive. Maybe turning off auto notification as above could help?

Comment

Yeah, this happened to me also. Well, I don't know about your CD-rom drive but mine is kinda loud. When you run the disc it will start humming. After disc one is done wait until the humming is completely over, then take it out 1 put cd 2 in. This is the crucial part. WAIT until disc two actually starts getting read before you click "run disc two"<------or w/e it sais. So I guess what I am saying is be patient before you click next cd(do it with 3 also).

Comment

thanks alot, i decided to try grimbos first and it worked, i could of sworn i tried this before but i guess not, thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X