• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realism vs. Balance

definately balance

remember, theres no respawn points in RL

Comment

I would go with balance, if you had realism no one would want to be any other team besides the us

Comment

Originally posted by =DG=TheRog
        I think if you go by realism there it only then take you one shot to pretty much die. Also you wouldn't be able to respawn cause you can't in real life . I would like some realism for example like the way they move and how planes and stuff act and the way weapons shoot.

yep youll have to wait for the whole round to finish before u spawn again..like Americas Army....and personally patience was never one of my virtues...never wll be i guess:evil:

Comment

realism but not to much so its like America's Army cause u die with 1 shot in that game.

I'd like the medic to be more realistic, like that when u go to someone you will so the wound (generated randomly) and you take 3 seconds to fix him up. You see yourself like putting bandagers on (okay i know this will take alot of memory and ages to make).

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
            As we all know people want realism, but the problem with that is balance. You see if everything was realistic all the maps would be like Desert Storm, something along the line of Pure ownage by the USMC, especially by Air. So please vote which to you prefer, Balance, or Realism. Also post why if you want, but please try not to go into patch 1.2 too much.
            I vote none

Fun is the what i would pick.

Nothing better then that.% Real/balance all wouldnt work out with bf2 and wouldnt be fun

thats why EA always said fun over everything else. why you think the game did so well

Comment

Balance.

Realism isnt that great when it comes to a game you are trying to enjoy (Unless a sim of somesort) and is too easily picked apart.

However... the realism in AA is incredibly over done and false in it's own way.. The weapon reload sequence used to drive me nuts when I played the game.

Comment

Realism should be taken at every oppurtunity aslong as it does not sacrifice balance and most of all fun.

So i voted balance. Online COD2 is a lot more fun than rainbow 6 IMO.

Comment

IMO, Realism = Balance.

As this is obviously not what BF2 is striving for (balance or realism), I play mods.

If you just say that anything resembling realism is a step towards realism, its not really fair, because Realistic is only Realistic if EVERYTHING is realistic. otherwise its just a stupid arcade game with one 'realistically' overpowered weapon.

Comment

Balance.

Realism = not that much fun, considering when you die....you don't respawn.

Comment

Game players evolve to work with the tools they are given.
                      If a weapon is superior in a given use it will be used to accomplish the games goal, To obliterate the enemy.
                      Weapons are designed to fill needs, if a cyber weapon resembles a real world counter part in anyway it will be used to fill that need to kill people in a given situation.
                      The weapons used may not match the real world equivalents but you will be owned by something because you are to slow to adapt to the situation and are using the wrong weapon at that time. Realize that.

Comment

Things like weapons and vehicles i like to see more balance than realism. But, keep it real too. A flying tank like a the Hind should be slower reacting, like it is now, compared to an Apache. Also, in a game like BF2 where you are supposed to be a soldier, there is no place IMO for a guy who can jump 6 ft straight up 10 times in a row, or "dolphin dive". You wanna bunny hop don't pretend to be a soldier, need more realism here. Weapons should cause some realistic damage, snipers, shotguns, headshots, should be 1 shot 1 kill, and mg's should not need 6 rounds to the chest to drop a guy.

Comment

and mg's should not need 6 rounds to the chest to drop a guy.
                          They don't, its 3 for pkm or 4 for mg36.

And fyi 2 shots to the head with any weapon including the pistol will kill even a soldier with body armor in bf2....

Comment

Originally posted by Roughneck
                            Things like weapons and vehicles i like to see more balance than realism. But, keep it real too. A flying tank like a the Hind should be slower reacting, like it is now, compared to an Apache. Also, in a game like BF2 where you are supposed to be a soldier, there is no place IMO for a guy who can jump 6 ft straight up 10 times in a row, or "dolphin dive". You wanna bunny hop don't pretend to be a soldier, need more realism here. Weapons should cause some realistic damage, snipers, shotguns, headshots, should be 1 shot 1 kill, and mg's should not need 6 rounds to the chest to drop a guy.
                            An MG shouldn't need 6 rounds to drop a guy, they use the same (or larger in PKM's case) rounds as the ARs. In fact, most LMGs have longer and heavier barrels than assault rifles (exclude the M-16 and L85, which have rediculously long barrels for assault rifles). This would mean more muzzle velocity, and more accuracy when shooting full auto. So actually in RL, it would be just the opposite of what u said.

Comment

Working...
                            X