2gig Ram Promise Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2gig Ram Promise Land

Well I made the jump to 2gigs, praying it would solve some of the problems I was having, I dont think my computer was to old to handle bf2, yet it took a while to load, about 2 YEARS to verify client data, and another 3-4 minutes to actully in game before the lag would stop to where I could run around and not have it just run like its 2fps..(That is when I was running with only 1 gig) I tryed reformating hopeing that would help, but little to no change... I am running a Athlon 64 3500+, 120gig and 250gig 8mb cache hds, Geforce 7800GT, Audigy 2ZS platnium, 2GIGS Corsair XMS timings 2-2-2-5.. Every game option maxed out.

When I got the other gig this morning in the mail and installed it, OMFG its like a diffrent game, its everything you could hope, Loads fast as hell, Veryify client data time cut to well under a minute. And the most important thing, when I click join game after its done "loading" it plays flawlessly, right away, never skips a beat no lag, no jumpy graphics, no 6 minutes to alt tab to desktop and bf2, no bf2 music playing for minutes after I quit, no getting killed for 4 minutes while im lagging the hell out..

So if your thinking about upgradeing to 2 gigs, do it, DO IT NOW! the differance is night and day! Now if they could only fix all the probs with 1.2

Re: 2gig Ram Promise Land

and this is in the media section why????????

Comment

congratulations man, i always love reading about people who turn their crappy computer into an awesome one. it makes me feel like even i can do it haha i got 756 mb ram and the same processor as you, and it runs ok, a little laggy in urban areas but it will work. ill be getting more ram soon as well.

NOW TURN UP THEM GRAPHICS ON THAT 7800, THATS A BEAUTIFUL GPU

Comment

opps dont know how this got posted in media :-(

Comment

I am going to need to get 2 gigs very soon.. Ill consider the ram you have, seems pretty good

Comment

I run on an eVGA 7800GTCO (best 7800GT for the price by a mile), and 2.5gb's of low latency dual channel DDR2 (533mhz) ram with a 3.4ghz P4. I run on "Ultra High" (doesn't look different from high at all, IMO) and average around 50fps during a heated firefight on 64 a person Sharqi server. I used to run on 1gb of ram, and the upgrade was OMGLEAPSANDBOUNDS xD
            I can verify client data on a low-ping server in seconds, and system lag is nonexistant.

Comment

yeah its night and day 1gig vs 2 in performance even with good graphics card, 4x aa and every graphic and sound option on max with 2 gig runs perfect never below 70fps on my rig

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNeil
                Well I made the jump to 2gigs, praying it would solve some of the problems I was having, I dont think my computer was to old to handle bf2, yet it took a while to load, about 2 YEARS to verify client data, and another 3-4 minutes to actully in game before the lag would stop to where I could run around and not have it just run like its 2fps..(That is when I was running with only 1 gig) I tryed reformating hopeing that would help, but little to no change... I am running a Athlon 64 3500+, 120gig and 250gig 8mb cache hds, Geforce 7800GT, Audigy 2ZS platnium, 2GIGS Corsair XMS timings 2-2-2-5.. Every game option maxed out.

When I got the other gig this morning in the mail and installed it, OMFG its like a diffrent game, its everything you could hope, Loads fast as hell, Veryify client data time cut to well under a minute. And the most important thing, when I click join game after its done "loading" it plays flawlessly, right away, never skips a beat no lag, no jumpy graphics, no 6 minutes to alt tab to desktop and bf2, no bf2 music playing for minutes after I quit, no getting killed for 4 minutes while im lagging the hell out..

So if your thinking about upgradeing to 2 gigs, do it, DO IT NOW! the differance is night and day! Now if they could only fix all the probs with 1.2
                I have 3GB of the same memory. It is great.

Comment

2 Gig Ram = Better Game Play, Quicker Load Times And Shut Down Times Of Bf2,less Lag,better Graphics,bigger Smiles And Happier Gamers.

Comment

i upgraded to 2 gigs and wow talk about quick loads

sometimes its kinda lonely waitng for some of the enemy to spawn or deciding which armour/jet/helicopter you will take

Comment

lmao nice ill be there hopefully soon enough. just gotta get them funds, not too expensive tho. i have a athlon 64 2500 Ghz CPU (as im sure you can see in my sig) so i bet getting 2 gigs will pump my computer WAY up

Comment

Well Evilneil, the least u could do is to post some screenshots to show us how good it looks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jadacool
                          Well Evilneil, the least u could do is to post some screenshots to show us how good it looks!
                          i second that notion, ive orderd another gig of ram, itll be here by 27th, but im too impatient, got a 7800gt (oc'd), amd 64 3700+ and on 27th, ill have 2gb, i sooo want to get 4x aa with no lag

Comment

kayess you'll be looking pretty sweet with that setup.

im planning on getting the 7800 gt and 2 gigs corsair, but it wont be for a while. i can get the card pretty soon tho so ill stick with Battlelauncher haha

Comment

im buying cheap unbranded ram, 25 pound for 512mb, https://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/...tml?RAM-40/512 i got 2 of these already, getting another 2 on 27th, i know its not corsair and stuff, but itll still be pretty good right?

Comment

Working...
                              X