battlefield 2 performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlefield 2 performance

ok wtf. i bought a 220$ ram from new egg so this is my new specs.

2.60ghz Intel
    Nvidia 6800 128 card
    2 GB ram

and i still cant run Battlefield 2 on High. i did the msconfig and took out all start up stuff. is there any thing i have to do to increase performance? this is ticking me off. it gets worse with special forces.

Re: battlefield 2 performance

Not sure...
    What type ram? Not size as you allready stated you now have 2gb.

Comment

this is my set up.i run everything at max with anti aliacing at x4. with now problems,and only have 1GB of ram..................and to answer your question check your prossesor.can it power your set up.and do u have four 512mb cards of ram if so i think your comp is "t" timing.

Comment

I'm not sure if you'll be able to run it in high with a single 6800 and get good FPS on medium or large maps. Try medium settings. If you believe the TweakGuide for BF 2 they say that there is very little difference between medium and high for most settings anyway. They have an entire page where they recommend each configurable video settings based on performance drag versus what you actually get out of it. I run a pair of 256 7800 GTX cards and can pull 80-100 FPS in SF and vanilla on high (1600 x 1200), but when I've played around with medium couldn't see much of a difference.

Comment

i have a 2.60 ghz Intel procesor HT(hyper Threading)
          2 GB ram OCZ timing are 2-3-2-5 1gb per stick. theres 2 of them.
          6800 Vanilla 128.
          400 PSU Antec

i deserve more out of my computer.

Comment

Ive a P4 (HT turned off) @ 3.6ghz
            1Gb at 800mhz
            X800GTO at 450/1100 <since you a nvidia guy
            180GB sata

If i want to game with 40+fps i have to run nearly everything on medium with AA x2.

The performance from your rig is normal. If you want more overclock.

Comment

Does turning off HT make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by cheesewz
                I'm not sure if you'll be able to run it in high with a single 6800 and get good FPS on medium or large maps. .
                I'm running it on high (all settings) with only 1 6800.
                However it is at 1024x768 and 2x AA (will try 4x just so sick and tired of the optimizing screen)

I average about 60fps (Through Fraps) sometimes drop to about 55 in crowded open areas, but dodnt really notice it without seeing the fps readings in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by reichertc2005
                  this is my set up.i run everything at max with anti aliacing at x4. with now problems,and only have 1GB of ram..................and to answer your question check your prossesor.can it power your set up.and do u have four 512mb cards of ram if so i think your comp is "t" timing.
                  whats the difference between running 8x and 4x. I don't have a clue. I just remember seeing that somewhere in my computer and mine is at 4x.

Comment

Working...
                  X