Join Game - Screen Goes Blue!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Game - Screen Goes Blue!!

Hi guys, i play battlefield 2 all the time.

Since i downloaded Ati's last drivers the game dosent run:cry: .

Heres what happens, it loads up, i hit multiplayer/singleplayer and the game starts to load. The 'Join Game' tab appears and everythings running fine up to this point. The second i get in game the guys voice who says im being lazy is all flickery. Like its pulsing low/high. The game runs at about 20fps which its never done before. If i try and move theres a crackling sound and after about 10 seconds of in game action my pc screen just goes completely blue. No message, just blue.

Ive to reset my pc from the case!! Ive tried Quake IV out and it runs perfectly. I reinstalled BF2, that didnt work, nither going back patches, ive tried rolling back drivers on my card and thats done nothing either. Temps are all fine to. Any ideas guys?

Pc specs,

3.0ghz P4 @3.6ghz
    1gb ram Pc3200
    X800GTO (450/550)
    180GB Sata

Edit: When i tried to get that gp info thing for my profile it just said 2 in the notepad, that anything strange?

Thanks

Re: Join Game - Screen Goes Blue!!

sometimes when im playing the sound glitches and the screen go's blue. But then it just crashes to the desktop. I start the game up again and it will usually work alright after that. But my computer sucks

Comment

Hmm, thanks but that dosent make anything clearer.

When did it start?
      You do something to cause it?
      Specs?

Comment

Happened to me once or twice, It was a random crash caused by nothing, it went blue and the whole pc needed to be restarted via emergency restart. After, all the controls and stuff were reset to default. No idea what causes this sorry.

Comment

:cry:

Comment

Does the blue screen give you any error codes at all?

I would recomend rolling back your video drivers to the last ones you used

Comment

Originally posted by AnteError
              Does the blue screen give you any error codes at all?

I would recomend rolling back your video drivers to the last ones you used
              Ive used Driver Cleaner Pro to wipe every trace of Ati off my system and ive reinstalled the drivers that come with the X800 and it still does the blue screen.

When the screen goes blue it just a pure blue screen . No error message or **** all appears. This is driving me stupid, BF2 is the only game i play online, i play it 99.9% of the time and not being able to play it means ive to talk to the wife more. Drives me nuts thinking theres noobs out there i could be killing

Comment

Maybe something here will help---Mine gets a blue screen occaisionally- I just re-install my drivers
                I'm on a Dell Inspirion XPS laptop with a 9700 Radeon 128mb card
                Pent 4HT
                2gigs DDR
                3.4 ghz's

Comment

Done tons of that Jager, thanks Quake IV's running much better now ive had a rake around in the bios. As for BF2, sadly its still NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Preid
                    Hmm, thanks but that dosent make anything clearer.

When did it start?
                    You do something to cause it?
                    Specs?
                    its happened since patch 1.2 and the only i did to cause it was get that sucky patch. (im not really sure wut to write for my specs but) my specs are:

2 ghz
                    3200+ amd athlon 64 processor
                    160 gb hard drive
                    ati radeon xpress 200 graphics card
                    512 mb of memory

hope this can somehow help u out (btw i just copied this info off of the sticker on my comp)

Comment

Thanks, all adds up.

Whats the deal with EA, emailed them tons of times and they dont email back. The bastards, i mean wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Preid
                        Thanks, all adds up.

Whats the deal with EA, emailed them tons of times and they dont email back. The bastards, i mean wtf?
                        u just said it wasnt working. now it magically is???

Comment

Right well when i rebooted the pc decided to give me a error message.

Is says this was the cause;
                          C:\DOCUME~1\Ewan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbf00.dir00\Mini0 22306-01.dmp
                          C:\DOCUME~1\Ewan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbf00.dir00\sysda ta.xml

^that mean anything to anyone?

Comment

I Love WARCAT!!!!!!

Installed thoes drivers and uninstalled the 1.2 patch and its running again!!!!!

:ar15: :dead: :dead::dead:

Should i patch it to 1.2 again or wait for EA to do something about its crappy patch?

Comment

Ýou could check the tempature on your GPU. It can make you to blue screen error . Worth a try. Good tool: www.lavalys.com , everest

Comment

Working...
                              X