The new sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new sniper rifle

Or as I like to call the L96, "The Damage Assist Weapon". Because that what you get a lot of...Damage assist points.

You'd think after shooting someone dead center in the back 3 times that they would die....you'd think anyways. But more often than not the player runs around the corner and someone else uses a real gun to finish them off.

It has a great look and feel...accurate but lame damage output. Yesterday I went head to head against another sniper. I got the drop on him. I put the cross hairs right between his eyes and pulled the trigger. I know it hit him because he immidately started moving left to right trying to find me. I lined him up, fired a second round...same thing. On the third round he found me and took me out with one round from his M95.

This weapon is an unlock; an upgrade. Why is it gimped so bad?

Re: The new sniper rifle

It's not an upgrade. It's an alternative.

It isn't gimped. I can get headshots just fine. Perhaps you should learn to play the game well.

Comment

I got 4 moving enemy headshots in about 2 minutes literally today on the crane on Sharqi, its an awesome gun!

Comment

Its an incredible gun. I was getting one hit kills many times. Now whether they were all headshots, or the gun was just super powerful, i dont know

Comment

The only way to know it hit is to hold down the trigger and wait for the yellow X so you know it hit. Otherwise the only thing he's jumping left and right for is because he heard the bullet hit the wall.

The L96A1 is an M24 clone, nothing more or less. The M95 still gets better damage penetration at the cost of accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
            The only way to know it hit is to hold down the trigger and wait for the yellow X so you know it hit. Otherwise the only thing he's jumping left and right for is because he heard the bullet hit the wall.

The L96A1 is an M24 clone, nothing more or less. The M95 still gets better damage penetration at the cost of accuracy.
            But after this patch about 60% of the time the X doesnt come up yet i still get a KD assist, is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by WinteryDayz
              Or as I like to call the L96, "The Damage Assist Weapon". Because that what you get a lot of...Damage assist points.

I agree!!!!

Sure i get better head shots with the L96. But, it takes a lot more shots to the body then the M95.

Personally, i got a lot more one-shot kills with the M95. But, i like the L96 (scope kewl, sounds kewl, and feels kewl).

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                Thats what i thought!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
                  It's not an upgrade. It's an alternative.

It isn't gimped. I can get headshots just fine. Perhaps you should learn to play the game well.
                  DuffMan if you can't flame any better than that don't bother embarrassing yourself anymore.

To the others...

Yea I get head shots... and yes they drop in one shot. But that doesn't explain all the times they don't drop. And killing someone that's already wounded doesn't count.

Over and over I find someone laying prone, trying to hide; I put the crosshairs dead center and fire. Do it again and again...and it's like frigg'n die will ya!

When I play on a map with a lot of choppers I usually use the M95 so I can shoot pilots outa the cockpits. But why would I want to use this new weapon when the M95 is so much more powerful. You hit someone twice with the M95 they're dead.

Comment

No its exactly the same as the M24 only different skin, sound, crosshairs, SO ITS 2 SHOT KILL, UNLESS HEADSHOT!

Comment

The new sniper unlock is so acurate that headshots are easy to make, and please don't ask for a one shot kill weapon, this would be so easy , ever played CS ?? then you should know why it isn't in the game , in CS many servers even block the AWP , because it's just to easy.

Comment

Everyone is always a medic or a sniper...

Comment

I love the L96. I'm not sure why your having troubles with killing people, but I am not seeing that issue. I have the same accuracy as before, but my K/D with sniper rifles is steadily moving to the 3:1 ratio. Before the unlock I was stagnant at 2.5:1.

I've found you can be moving and hit people accurately on karkand, something you could never hope to do before the patch. I'm extremely pleased with the new sniper rifle.

Comment

I like the L96, but if I can I use the improved SVD instead.

Comment

I prefer the M24 over it. I feel the M24 is more "reliable" to me, I know that usually where I point is where I hit, the damage it will do seems consistent (unlike the awp, where i've had one shot kills, 2 shot, and 3 shot kills on various targets including new spawners).

M95 is still meh to me, yet to try the improved svd and chinese one, I was sorta getting good with the SVD, but I generally don't snipe on CHI\MEC.

Comment

Working...
                              X