Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the 81 bugs in bf2..

New Bugs:

--- Many weapons don’t make a sound/animation when others fire them; this is a big deal as you have no way of knowing what direction you are being shot from.
    --- Quite often when putting the shock pads away un-charged, you get them out to use them again and they do nothing, you keep pressing to revive somebody and nothing happens.
    --- Grenade launcher doesn’t bounce for me, some people say it works for them, others say it doesn’t. All I know is I can shoot my feet and kill myself instantly. Grenade launcher timer is out of whack, it arms 0.2 secs out of its tube, not 02 seconds, and this means it can be still fired at player’s feet.
    --- Grenade launcher, grenades and rocket launcher rockets now often disappear after being fired without an explosion.
    --- Packet Loss/Lag Bug/Server side. 1.2 seemed to of caused lots of short moments where there is major lag where information is not being sent properly from the player to the server.
    This includes: Sniper rifle zooming in, few moments later the person unzooms automatically due to lag, because the server wasn't aware the person zoomed in, in the first place. AT Rocket firing and going through an armoured vehicle, then a few moments later the rocket is not fired, because the server was never aware the person shot. This also includes a hand grenade problem, someone tries to throw a hand grenade, but through lag it doesn't happen, the user tries again to throw, then two grenades are thrown.
    --- Sometimes I spawn and im sunk into the ground or unable to move, jumping usually fixes this.
    --- Some people have claimed to have invisible buildings and trees, mostly ATI big bug.
    --- AA Bug, Hard to explain. (Oil tower)
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/zataraa
    --- Map filter no longer works on server browser.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/map-name-filter-bug
    --- Firing a TOW mounted on a HMMWV in Special Forces results in the whole server crashing. Video Note: Sorry to the Comcast server provider, for crashing two of your servers (forgot to film the first time).
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/Tow-crash
    --- Strange number appears on radar / floor sometimes. (UAV radius in meters?).
    --- Mystery death - You die without hearing a shot, seeing a hit indicator, or reading how/whom on the console. A simple "player is no more". Video Note: In this movie the person doesn't die, however there is no shot to be heard, and no person to be seen.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/no-bullet-sound
    --- Name bug where a player's name only shows up after they have been killed.
    --- F2000 sometimes depletes the entire clip in a single shot, which if they kill an enemy you don't get the points from the kill.'
    --- Transport helicopter flares glitch (server side, doesn’t show on client doing it, only to other watching)
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/Battlefield-2-12-Blackhawk-bug
    --- Medic defilibrator glitch, it recharges while not in use - even if it is not being used for a fraction of a second.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/Medic-bug-12
    --- Join Game bug, when a round is over, and a new round commences, clicking the 'Join Game' does not get rid of the round score screen. Was clicking fast and hard in video - video: http://media.putfile.com/join-game-bug
    --- Sometimes when game is in session, the join/score screen will pop up again.
    --- Squad bug, more than 6 people are in a squad. Pic Note: Look on the left, squad entitled 'QC'.
    Picture: http://x7.putfile.com/2/4522330281.png
    --- Texture problems, lots of texture errors have been created in 1.2, more specifically on sandbag textures.
    Picture: http://x4.putfile.com/2/4915233341.jpg, http://x4.putfile.com/2/4915241656.jpg, http://x4.putfile.com/2/4915233341.jpg
    --- Invisible gunner, a bug, discovered by trying to capture footage of other known bugs, that's just how packed 1.2 is with bugs. It seems the kit items of the gunner were slightly visible, but the body is nowhere to be seen.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/Invisible-Gunner
    --- Taking a screenshot through Battlefield is no longer possible. (Unless pasting into paint right after)
    --- Reload animations loop continuously, most known for the sniper weapons and the DAO-12.
    --- Explosives warning skulls for Claymores, AT Mines, and C4, are sometimes not displayed if they are friendly, or sometimes they are displayed if they are the enemy's. Since the 1.2 patch made explosives not to be triggered by friendlies, if there is an enemy mine or claymore with the bug, they could die.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/warning-bug
    --- Battlefieldrecorder crashes to desktop when UAV appearing in playing back a recorded demo.
    --- Over accurate jets, instant lock ons, Flares don't work in synch.
    --- Weapon accuracy/damage is FUBAR, a G36E at 10 feet can empty a whole clip into someone and they don't die, one shot from an AK101/pistol and you're dead!!!
    --- Moving from primary weapon to a supply item, using item, and going back to primary weapon, causes primary weapon to drop into single fire mode.
    --- Moving from prone to standing, is broken, many times I have stood up, moved forward, only to find myself back in prone in the same place.'
    --- The P90 too weak and isn't accurate
    --- C4 can't be thrown out of helicopter (Big deal? No).
    --- Looping issue commands, you can hear medics say "get first aid here" or “clear” about ten times a second, possibly the same issue as the flares bug.
    --- Server Memory leak as described here: http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18341 , also causes clients to CTD when server memory leak happens
    --- In Game browser even worse than before, high pings and slowness. Consider having filters for Europe/USA/ASIA only? To reduce slow performance and to much pinging.
    --- AT Rockets/TOW missiles go straight through vehicles; I have seen this over twenty times today myself and seen hundreds of players saying this as well.
    --- When tank is driving by, you cannot see what is in it (i.e. Engineer symbol, Medic symbol etc.) Can always see support symbol.
    --- Sometimes when another player shoots his weapon, the machine gun sounds loops until you fire your own (sometimes that won't stop it either).
    --- In BFHQ my rank is "rankname", my next rank is "private" and my progress to next rank is 100% despite being in fact 60%.
    --- Hit indicator often doesn’t display for sniper rifles and some other weapons.
    --- Massive amounts of graphics lag for very high performance pc users.
    --- Mech chopper: The pilot does not hear the cannon firing.
    --- Hills and stop signs and other small obstacles damages the Tank significantly (i.e. Drive tank from River Fort to Hotel going around way of Rock on Gulf of Oman will usually take 3 to 5 bars of health).
    --- AA missiles are not detoured from aircraft when flares are launched (If you fire to ground AA missiles, 1 will always hit).
    --- Range of AA missile seems unlimited; they will continue flying miles pass the red fly zone, (lead to server performance fix?)
    --- Unpredictable TK on mines and claymores
    --- Zooming feature on snipers and AT, fire reload and zoom immediately, the gun will zoom out and you have to zoom in again.
    --- Blackhawk and Mech transport guns to weak. You can shoot a guy and get the X for hitting him, but won’t die. Just a little bit more gun bullet power, but not to much.
    --- Tanks can be killed with 1 AT missile and seems to be random on when that will happen.
    --- Promised, but not delivered: Eng/Spec Ops cannot pickup mines or C4 respectively.
    --- AA missiles will flip on its axis (180 degrees) to target a plane and will not let go until it hits the plane, not matter what.
    --- Planes cannot out run AA missiles at all (1 of 2 missiles will hit every time). Even dropping flares will not help, if the AA is fired while pointing at the side of the plane.
    --- Ground AA doesn't always lose locks on aircraft when flares are dropped.
    --- When engineer in a vehicle, you can pull up to another vehicle and get no indication if you are repairing them (sound only plays sometimes).
    --- While in chopper, you can get the animation of repairing and the sound, but the armor indicator stays the same.
    --- Add jump and knife feature?
    --- Mysterious "AAAARGH" at spawn (so funny, been there since 1.0)
    --- Enemy reported units *not showing*
    --- Enemy reported units showing as squad members [GREEN]
    --- Attack helicopter (USMC/MEC/CHINA) spin on nose in air w/out height loss (neat trick but I class as bug)
    --- chute not opening after bumping into a wall during previous chute descent
    --- If 2 players are sprinting and they touch each other, they will received minor or significant damage.
    --- If 2 players jump off a building, 1 above the other, the player on top will kill the other in mid-air. Can be found on Warlord SAS parachuting spawn point. Fix the bug instead of the spawn point.

Minor Errors:

--- Ribbons can no longer be highlighted/viewed through clicking in the ribbons section in BFHQ, Special Forces awards can only be viewed while the Special Forces mod is activated.
    --- Under community menu Special Forces version number is '1.12', however BF2 is labelled 1.2.
    --- Incorrect version number in BFHQ.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/version-number-bug
    --- The grey text which informs you of whom you killed does not display if you are commander.
    Picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../commander.jpg

Existing Bugs Still Not Fixed:

--- Red/Blue name tag bug still exists and is now worse then ever.
    Video: http://media.putfile.com/redname-bug
    --- Half the time it is impossible to run in Special Forces.
    --- Veteran tactical support badge and Special Forces medals still can’t be achieved.
    --- WCR to high of win/loss ratio (3:1) to be any fun, making people team swap. Consider lowering to 2:1, 3:2 or something
    --- Map bug on zatar and Dalian plant still exists despite EA claims it was fixed.
    --- Unable to make squads / become commander sometimes.
    --- Sometimes you join a server and your a private with no unlocks. (Server side – rank system issue) if you rejoin the server again, you now have unlocks, but rank still private.
    --- It is still possible to enter buildings not designed for entering in order to shoot people without being seen.
    --- Multiple pack toss - when playing support kit, I'll toss TWO ammo bags with ONE click.
    --- Sometimes vehicles go invisible when looking directly at them.
    --- When healing or resupplying the 'zipping' sound from a heal or a metal 'ching' from a resupply continuously loops until one is resupplyed or healed again.
    --- When you are in a vehicle repairing something, the repair bar comes up, but it's always 100%, you can't see how much you have repaired at all.
    --- In some instances, if someone shoots their gun, the shooting sound continues until the person is dead, or shoots again. This happens most frequently to the AKS 74U, however it has been witnessed on other weapons.
    --- Shooting a sniper rile, the cocking animation is not played majority of the time, the odd time the whole reload animation doesn't work.
    --- 'E Bug' Sometimes typing a text message in game with the letter 'e' often results in the person who is in the vehicle to exit, this is most frustrating while in a plane or helicopter.

81 Bugs (still left / created by the 1.2 patch) and counting, and most bugs fixed by the 1.2 patch, made more bugs.

Re: Make the 81 bugs in bf2..

GREAT list!! Could you add this to it?

It's a shock paddle issue... When I use them and leave them out, I have to actually stand still to let them recharge. If I run or walk, they won't recharge until I'm still again. Sometimes, I even have to switch to a weapon and then back to get them to recharge.

Comment

Nice list but After a quick look over 10 are false and many more aren't bugs at all and even more have only been found by a small % of players.

Havin a list of 10 *real* bugs would be more convincing than a list of every small problem the game has.

Comment

Why make a thread copying the list from the sticky in the DICE question forum? There's no room for discussion here.

Comment

very nice topicstarter, complete list , hope DICE takes a look at it so they realy know what is going on , 1.2 solved some things but brought a big amount of extra bugs/glitches to us .

AGAIN , WTF is the testing team actualy doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          -

Comment

About the only thing I disagree with is that Engineers CAN pick up mines (don;t know about C4 though).

Other than that, gj on doing the job of the beta testers.

Comment

I think c4 picking up should be possible, but at times it should blow for no reason, to make the effect of disarming a bomb

Comment

ive been looking for a post like this, thank you

Comment

Dont thanks the topic starter, thank Sir. Swanston

Comment

This should be sticky

Comment

Don't compliment him. He's only copied Swanston's list here.

Which happens, coincidentally, to be a Sticky.

Comment

I had a couple to add:
                        -sometimes throwig grenade animation will not play when a grenade is thrown out.
                        -the TV missile for co-pilot on a bomber jet has several bugs that occure occationally
                        1. empty shots
                        2. fires from the left or right edge of the screen and goes way off target when shoot without lockon (before 1.12 it was ok)
                        3. after getting a lockon on the target and firing the missile, the lockon disappears and the missile will miss. (target still remains on tv screen)

Comment

I would just like to see small arms fire on the water again? why did that go.

think they should crank out this quick fix patch and roll out a solid next patch before those booster packs, i would not buy one till i have seen another good patch.
                          but well done the team for patching the game still

Comment

Oh, and then there's the bug where a message will come up that you've been killed, and the console will say x[killed] you. But you are still alive.

Comment

I got one, apparantly the former Scientists from the original Mars program did the kill ount math. I was on a server the other night sniping. I killed a guy one shot, I looked at my score 1 Kill 10 deaths, mind you the game had just started and I had yet to die, 2nd shot 2 kills 11 deaths. Needless to say before I got my PH I bailed.
                              Antother.
                              Apparantly the fix that DICE figured out for the RED TAG glitch was to dess the RED TAGGER in the other sides uniform. I got soo many TK's I got booted. If my Screenshot button was working I would have screenshots, however they broke that too.
                              Good job DICE, I am started to see where the Anti-DICE guys are coming from 1.21 better fix all this junk or I will be bailing on BF2 for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X