1st Post....Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Post....Help!

Hello guys, been around here a while but never posted. But now i have a problem that i just cant figure out. Here goes, i just upgraded my hard drives and did a fresh install of windows XP pro i have downloaded all the latest drivers for my video card and motherboard. When i boot up Bf2 it crashes back to the desktop with this error message

BAD IMAGE C:\windows\system32\d3dx9_25.dll

i have done multiple installs and removals and ive tried to search down every last remnant of bf2 and delete it but nothing helps im completly stumped and i need this forums help so i can enjoy my game again!
    Thanks in advance, BoozeMonkey(below are my PC hardwhere stats)

DFI Lanparty Motherboard 939
    AMD X2 4600
    7800 256 BFG GTX 81.98 drivers
    Raptor HD's 10,000 Raid 0 setup

Re: 1st Post....Help!

Download d3dx9_25.dll free! Fix DLL missing error. Solve it yourself or get help using DLL‑files.com Client to fix DLL error automatically.

try downloading the .dll and replaceing the old one.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply m8. i downloaded the file but it doesnt auto install any idea where it might go? TIA
      Booze

Comment

Go to C:\windows\system32\

first backup the d3dx9_25.dll that is already there then copy the new downloaded version to that location and overwrite the old one. Restart your computer and see if it works.

Comment

Arrrggg that seemed the the thing to do but im afraid its a no go
          rebooted and now screen just flashes im doing a fresh reinstall now ill post back if it works

Comment

reinstall (update) direct x9. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Working...
            X