• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 1.2 I Dont Know What To Do....

1) The Problem
    2) Pre-1.2 System
    3) Post-1.2 System (fix attempts)

1) The Problem
    After 1.2 the game became totally unplayable. I played during my lunch break the day the patch went live, worked the same it always did. I've always had to play with everything on low and view range 75% as you will come to understand during the following section.

2) Pre-1.2 System
    CPU: AMDXP 2200+
    RAM: 1024 DDR PC3200 Dual Channel
    GCard: 6600GT OC (APG)

3) Post-1.2 System
    CPU: Same
    RAM: 2.5 Gigs DDR 3200
    GCard: 7800GS OC (APG)

I have an ABIT NF7-S2G MoBo as well.

I have also updated every driver on my computer including MoBo BIOS, Audio, Video and NForce (Nforce2). I've done a complete Uninstall of BF2/SF and the patch (full). When that didnt work I again completely uninstalled and installed BF2 and the patch (full). I've done spyware / adware sweeps and virus scans, all using the McAf proggys. I do not run a firewall or anything when playing games just out of habit due to lack of resources.

I can run BF2 and get on a server but I'm operating like I have 512 RAM on a 32 person server. Even during single player games I lag something aweful, even with all settings turned to low. Another odd item is my pings went up terribly. On a server that I pinged at mid 30s - low 40s Im not over 150+ sometimes as high as 400, getting me kicked.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do to fix it? Please respond with any tips, hints, ect. Even with all the hardware changes the game still runs the same it did after installing the patch. This is truely infuriating. In the course of a week I've dropped over 500 into this rig trying to fix the prob... nothing has worked.

Thank you.

Re: After 1.2 I Dont Know What To Do....

A couple things I forgot to meantion.

GameSpy is NOT installed, never has been.

I checked the ping issue by going start/run/cmd/ping www.google.com and recieved the following marks:

Min: 19ms, Max: 22ms, Avg: 20ms

Post if you have an opinion!

Comment

reinstall bf2 and use the full install.. i used to have the same prob too

Comment

Originally posted by -(PK)-DarkIllusion
        reinstall bf2 and use the full install.. i used to have the same prob too

Done, not once but twice. First time I did SF with it, second time just vanilla and then patch. And dont ask, I restarted inbetween em all ;-)

I got the patch via the EA downloader. Should I perhaps try getting it from another source? Thought I was preventing things like this by getting it from its source.....

Comment

DLed the full patch from another location and tried it.... still screwed, I hate EA.

Comment

Its the patch, only solution is to wait for a supposed hotfix... which will ruin it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
              Its the patch, only solution is to wait for a supposed hotfix... which will ruin it more.
              So its only affecting some systems? I know the entire clan I run with has had no probs after a reinstall and have been playing since....

Comment

Originally posted by W1D0WM4K3|2
                A couple things I forgot to meantion.

GameSpy is NOT installed, never has been.

I checked the ping issue by going start/run/cmd/ping www.google.com and recieved the following marks:

Min: 19ms, Max: 22ms, Avg: 20ms

Post if you have an opinion!
                Is your memory matched? I mean, since I did notice an increase in your RAM, you may be having problems with the RAM being compatible.

I had this happen before, I had added 2 more 512mb sticks to have 2gb of RAM, but had to go into my BIOS and lower my DRAM timings for all 4 sticks.

I did this by following these steps:

- Boot up system with original memory modules; mark down the DRAM timings on a piece of paper. Shut down the system.

- Boot up the system with the new memory modules, make sure to remove the original kit. Mark down the DRAM timings on a piece of paper.

- Compare both the timing settings, and try and mix and match them. Remember that the lower the setting, the faster the memory will run. The problem is one kit may have a 3T timing, where-as another may have 2T. You are recommended then by adjusting your DRAM timing manually to the highest number of the two.

- Once you have all this on paper, put all the modules in and adjust the timings.

I did this and it fixed all my problems (screen would go black, crash to desktop, RAM not properly clearing game, etc)

I will try and give an example:

I had 2 x 512mb of Corsair ValueRam. They had a specific set of DRAM timings that I could check on my motherboard's configuration (automatically detected)

I added 2 x 512mb of generic Infineon RAM. I started having problems.

I removed the Infineon RAM from the system, booted up, went into the BIOS and wrote down the deteced RAM settings (DRAM settings)

I removed the the Corsair kit, inserted the Infineon, booted up, went into the BIOS and wrote down the detected RAM settings (DRAM settings)

I compared both kits and noticed a couple differences (you don't need to know what they all mean, you only need to know that the lower means faster)

The Corsair RAM had one DRAM setting as being 2T. The Infineon however had 3T. I went into the BIOS and changed the DRAM timing for that setting to 3T. There were others as well, and again I used the higher number.

Once I did this, I have yet to see any problems with any games. Since we are gamers, the RAM timings are crucial to the game properly working (how textures and other components are stored). Your best bet is to get a matching pair (a 2gb Corsair ValueRAM kit for example) because you know the timings are the same on both sticks.

PEACE

Comment

Have you deleted your cache files??? They always lagged me up like hell.

Also if you have any of the Radeon 9200 series, then everyone with them has had BF2 totally ****ed with the new 1.2 patch. Hopefuly EA will bring a solution soon, but I've just stopped playing BF2 for now, simpy because it doesn't work, EA totally screwed up with 1.2 patch

Comment

Originally posted by IL ROMULUS

Also if you have any of the Radeon 9200 series, then everyone with them has had BF2 totally ****ed with the new 1.2 patch. Hopefuly EA will bring a solution soon, but I've just stopped playing BF2 for now, simpy because it doesn't work, EA totally screwed up with 1.2 patch
                    He seems to be using nVidia (6600 and then a 7800)

As for the cache, I agree. I had switched my videocard from ATI to nVidia, and I couldn't even get the game to run. I don't think this is the problem, since he has uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 already.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by IL ROMULUS

i have a lot of lag. should i delete my cache files. btw i have no idea what a cache file is so can u explaiin it to me. (im not very old and i dont know a lot about computers)

Comment

A buddy suggested to me a fix he used for 1.03. Installing on a different hard drive to ensure there are no registry files that are associated with a bad / corrupt install. Im gonna try that next then wait for the 1.21. Thank you for your help guys!

Comment

I have played lag free all settings for graphics on there highest level never had a problem till the 1.2 patch. Im running AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ Radeon x800xl pci express 1 gig pc3200 DDR SDRAM memory.

Since the 1.2 patch I cant play if i create a squad, join a squad, or as the commander. Its so much lag its totally unplayable. I can play as a lone wolf lag free but as soon as i become the commander or join or create a squad. LAG LAG LAG. I hope this issue is fixed soon. I am certian its not on my end.

Comment

I lied, Im gonna try and reinstall direct x 9.0c and see if that helps. I flat out refuse to reformat to fix a game.

Comment

So much for that. Burn EA burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X