How much would an extra 200Mhz help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would an extra 200Mhz help?

I was running a San Diego A64 4000+ at 2.4Ghz with max temp around 34C but then I got a FX-55 Clawhammer from a friend and that thing runs about 50C.

I see a slight improvement but it could just be me. Is 200Mhz going to make that much of a difference or no? I'm thinking about going back to the 4000 cause that Clawhammer heats up my whole case.

Thanks in advance!

Re: How much would an extra 200Mhz help?

i would probably use the 4000, the gaming difference for today's games probably isnt worth it, or noticable. send me the 55 once you do that. ^_^

Comment

u should run benchmarks to test them...i must say 50C is pretty warm ..(that would be overheating for my old computer, but diff comps have diff heat tolerances) and im not sure where u live, but right now its winter and its pretty cool, but once u get into the summer....x_X

Comment

50C is fine. You want to stay under 60C during load.

Comment

Originally posted by infectedsoldier
          I was running a San Diego A64 4000+ at 2.4Ghz with max temp around 34C but then I got a FX-55 Clawhammer from a friend and that thing runs about 50C.

I see a slight improvement but it could just be me. Is 200Mhz going to make that much of a difference or no? I'm thinking about going back to the 4000 cause that Clawhammer heats up my whole case.

Thanks in advance!
          Dude! oC that thing mang!DA@QEW!@#!@

you should hit atleast 2.8-3.0.

Ok, well.. since you are hot as hell, you should try some as5 or even watercooling.

Is this on stock volts?

Comment

Well im an intel and my load is like 54 or somthing like that LoL

Comment

are you using the cooler from the 4000+ or the FX-55 heatsink? That FX chip has a unlocked multiplier for overclocking, that is the only real benefit over your 4000+. If you were into overclocking, the FX-55 would be a better chip cause it has more options.

Comment

I would keep the 4000+, it runs cooler and has the latest E stepping improvements. Sell the FX-55 and make a pretty penny in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by twsmit
                  I would keep the 4000+, it runs cooler and has the latest E stepping improvements. Sell the FX-55 and make a pretty penny in the process.
                  a pretty penny havent heard that expression in ages lol :P

Comment

Both run/ran TT Venus 12 with AS5. That's why I posted the temps, same conditions etc. I'm in central California. This is all stock settings also. Oh and I would benchmark but stupid Futuremark doesn't let me run widescreen in the demo ><.

Temp ranges with 4000+ with AS5 and the TT Venus 12 is 25-34C
                    For the FX-55 Clawhammer, it's about 34-50C.

Side note, would the FX-55 be good for a BF2 server?

Comment

Working...
                    X