Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintended consequences of claymore changes

Hello everyone!

Ive noticed a disturbing trend since the 1.2 patch regarding the snipers claymore mines. It was my understanding that these were intended for use as a way for snipers to keep from getting jumped from behind while in a hide. Now Im seeing them used in a manner akin to a directional hand grenade while fleeing.

Example: Last night while playing Karkland I came around a corner while reloading (I was assault) and there was a sniper standing about 2m in front of me, he took a shot with his rifle, missed, and just as I finished reloading and aimed in, he starts to switch weapons while backpedaling. I figure hes going for his pistol and proceed to start giving him a series of lead injections when boom Im dead. He dropped a claymore.

As soon as the claymore landed it went off, killing me and the teammate jut behind me, while leaving the sniper unharmed.

Has anyone else seen this happening?

Re: Unintended consequences of claymore changes

I did that even before the patch. If it didn't kill anyone I'd nade it so I didn't get a TK.

Comment

You could do this before the patch and since typically a sniper is away from friendlies they didn't have to worry too much about a TK. The only difference with the new patch is no longer having to worry about the TK...little suprised I haven't seen more claymores being left laying around, but the stuff that you mention has always been possible.

Comment

OK. Thanks for the heads up, I rarely play that class.

Comment

I expect there is a lot more of it now, though.

Comment

I always did that before, the real unintended consequence of claymores now is entire flags being uncapable from capping by like 8 claymores.

Comment

More snipers out = more claymores. I have been killd like 3 times over past 2 day, maybe 3 times over my other 400hrs.

Comment

i never place claymores for a saftey barrir when snipping. i usually just toss them in door ways or something when i know someone is on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by HullBreach
                  Hello everyone!

As soon as the claymore landed it went off, killing me and the teammate jut behind me, while leaving the sniper unharmed.

It takes at least 1 full second for a claymore to arm...he was farther away than you suggest, and you should have seen it coming.

You had plenty of time to avoid it if he placed it while you were watching.

Comment

Yeah, the claymore never ever goes off the instant it hits the ground. Just like if you frisbee an AT mine in the path of a tank it won't go off as soon as the tank touches it.

Comment

i jsut got my veteran explosives spamming claymores on karkand yesterday, but only for the badge.
                      and i have noticed that on our server, like 25% of the team starts out snipers and drops clays all over the alleys leading up to the hotel... it's getting to be a huge way of racking up a lot of easy kills (at least on our server)

Comment

I have a feeling, or at least a hope(or maybe its just indigestion from all the chicken last night) that this will be fixed in 1.21

Comment

Why?

If you get killed by a sniper dropping a claymore in your plain sight, you deserve to die, they have a "arming" time that means you can run away from it. Not that hard to avoid. Just run straight at the guy if you are close, or away if you are back.

Comment

i was playing in a karkand server yesterday and a guy called airbourne or somthing was using it as his primary weapon.

about 50 kills at the end a a ****ty ratio - his other clan mate was playing supprt and just kept giving him ammo and he kept dropping mine after mine at every entry point on the map, how are you supposed to deal with that ?

Comment

Originally posted by -={DAC}MI7
                              i was playing in a karkand server yesterday and a guy called airbourne or somthing was using it as his primary weapon.

about 50 kills at the end a a ****ty ratio - his other clan mate was playing supprt and just kept giving him ammo and he kept dropping mine after mine at every entry point on the map, how are you supposed to deal with that ?
                              Yeah claymores are being used alot more. But no matter what EA does there will always be other ways to kill someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X