Chopper Flare bug/hack/problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper Flare bug/hack/problem?

Hi is there a known bug, exploit or hack for continuous chopper flares? I have witnessed this and heard about it on a couple of servers but wasn't sure what the situation was as I have been told it's a new (post 1.2) bug, others say a hack. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Re: Chopper Flare bug/hack/problem?

all i can say is i have seen it to.....alot of times

but i doubt its a hack, more like an exploit like the spinning tank turret.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilla_Incognito
      but i doubt its a hack, more like an exploit like the spinning tank turret.
      I'm almost afraid to ask. "spinning tank turret" exploit? Oh, and the flares thing seems to be a new problem with the 1.2 patch. Others have noticed it alot too since the new patch.

Comment

I think it's just a visual bug. You can still lock on and hit choppers that are dropping flares continually.

Comment

Originally posted by <sgt bilko>
          Hi is there a known bug, exploit or hack for continuous chopper flares? I have witnessed this and heard about it on a couple of servers but wasn't sure what the situation was as I have been told it's a new (post 1.2) bug, others say a hack. Can anyone shed any light on this?
          I made a post about this a LONG time ago way before the 1.2 patch. I've seen the infinite flare glitch/exploit a couple times when chasing down jets. My guess is that it's an old exploit that very few people know how to do and thus DICE has not been able to fix it.

Comment

Ahh, another duplicate thread.

How useful. :|

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
              I think it's just a visual bug. You can still lock on and hit choppers that are dropping flares continually.
              Negative, they are real flares. I was in AA and couldn't get a lock (except on a bunch of flares).

Comment

Fire through them and you should still get a hit. Maybe I just got lucky? *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                X