Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one had problems with starship troopers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one had problems with starship troopers?

I had the Starship Troopers game for Christmas and have only just got round to installing it, due to the fun I am having with BF2 and SF. I thought I should give it a go as my fiancée bought it me for Christmas with the films. After installing it and down loading the latest patch, which was 220MB it crashes on the main menu screen and I have to reboot the pc.

So I checked all my driver and they we’re all up to date, I even updated my bios and tried the game again. But it still crashed at the same point, so I contacted empire support and they asked me to change the desktop resolution down to 1024 x 768 and to turn down my monitor refresh rate to 60 hertz, also to turn the sound card acceleration down to basic and to update my drivers which I had already done. But it sill crashed, so I installed and reinstalled the game again and it still crashed. I have also tried it with out the patch and it still crashes, has any one else had this trouble with the game? I have also played HL2, Doom 3, Quake 4, COD 2, Star wars Battlefront 2 with out any problems.

I have even sent them a Direct X Diagnostic report and they could not see anything wrong with it. So they asked me to try the game on another PC and it worked first time, so I let them know. Now they say it’s my PC, as they have tested the game on similar systems with out any problems. They also said their are no problems with the game code, which I dont belive for a minute.

Has any one else had any problems with this game? :hmm:

Re: Any one had problems with starship troopers?

I played the demo for this game, it was horrid, it made me want to play "Ted Nugets Buck Hunter" jsut to get the taste of this movie-game (9 years after the movie came out) out of my mouth.

Comment

So it was that good :laugh:

Comment

Download the demo. The required specs are pretty intense and the game is optimized horribly. The recommended system according to Gamespot (first site that popped up in Google) are:
        OS: XP, 3.0 GHz CPU, 1024mb RAM, GeForce 6800, 4 Gb Free Hard Drive Space.
        Sound: Directx 9.0c compatible, Direct X: 9.0c

Considering how the game looks and how it ran at like 25fps (without a lock) on my previous computer, it's just not worth it. Plus it's just not fun. The opening scene in the demo is supposed to be like the Gladiator of alien wave attacks, but after you shoot a couple the whole things over. The sand monsters in HL2 is more how this game should have been made.

Comment

Read the review for it in PCGamer. I think it got a 46% (That is bad)

Comment

I was thinking about downloading the demo and I looked at the spec on the back of the game case and my system is more than adequate. I know the graphics card is not the greatest, but it’s not a bad one.

I do agree with you the game dose seem poorly developed, I did a google too and found some reviews on amazon UK. A lot of the reviews were complaining about the game crashing and being unstable.The sand lion part of HL2 was very enjoyable, especially driving the buggy. Well I think I’ll just use the game DVD as a beer mat. Thanks for your help Jofaba and thanks to j – train, I will look at the review and thanks for pointing out 46% is bad. :laugh:

Comment

have you overclocked anything?
              I thought I saw in another forum that the game reacts badly to overclocking (Dont know enough about this type of stuff to ID any stupidity in the comment).

Recall seeing that as I was looking into reviews of the game before a potential purchase.... then the demo came out and decided against it.

Too bad... it was a great book.

Comment

guidon666- Is that a transexual in your signature? Am i the only one that sees that?

Comment

No I have not overclocked anything yet, not felt the need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
                    guidon666- Is that a transexual in your signature? Am i the only one that sees that?
                    It could be.... But nice rack anyway.

And NO. you are not hte 1st to see that. I thought the same thing a day or so ago (the resizing did not go well for her/him/it) and the sig is in the process of being redone... just havent had the time to do it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofaba
                      I think you are the only one that sees it crazy tattoo-boy.

Comment

That's because he changed it. The chick on his sig when I said that had a mans face. Well, the face of a man who's become a woman. And yes, I'm somewhat of an unofficial expert on spotting transexuals =P
                        -------------------------------
                        Edit:
                        Originally posted by guidon666
                        It could be.... But nice rack anyway.

And NO. you are not hte 1st to see that. I thought the same thing a day or so ago (the resizing did not go well for her/him/it)

Comment

Working...
                        X