Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechwarrior Mod...... Is it still around

Hi All,
    In the lead up to the release of BF2, some mods team were already working on models, renders etc.

One mod that struck me as looking really cool and professional was a mod featuring Mechs from the Mechawarrior series of games.

What has become of this? Are the team still around?? Or have they been bought of by Dice like the Trauma guys.

Thx in advance
    Beo

Re: Mechwarrior Mod...... Is it still around

wha t

Comment

Originally posted by errno
      wha t
      ****** please

Comment

gone to ET:QW

Comment

unreal tornamne?t?

Comment

Originally posted by Doorstop
            gone to ET:QW
            Yep, here's their Moddb profile:

MTS - Mech Tactical Simulation is a BF2 total conversion mod, set to recreate the Battletech universe! Fight on foot, as a regular soldier or in advanced Battle Armor, and control Mechs, Tanks, Helis, Fighters, and even massive Dropships in an all-out...

Upon the release of ETQW and it's tools, i will try to fully implement a Mech in-game. If that works, i will take it from there, and form a proper mod team and implement more stuff. After the disappointment that was the BF2 engine, i'm hoping this will work out better - the biggest impediment on the previous engine is already lifted, since Quake Wars will have a Mech working as part of the Strogg army.

Comment

hahaha im surprised they didnt realize initially tht bf2 doesnt support bipedal vehicles - makes me wonder how first strike is going to get its AT walker to work

Comment

Well theoretically its possible "supposedly" with 4 leg vehicles.

Comment

haha time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by GrolscHe
                    Well theoretically its possible "supposedly" with 4 leg vehicles.
                    HEHEHE yeah i know tht but in tht same documentation it states tht it doesnt support bipedal vehicles

aquila - have you guys even attempted to bundlemesh your walker yet? i will be much impressed if you manage to figure it out lol

Comment

Well whos to say you couldnt have a 2 legged vehicle with 2 invisible legs which dont collide with the player? Thats the only way you could do it.

Comment

There's a lot more to the story than that, including being blacklisted by DICE, but long story short, we put the mod on hiatus, and now i'll be looking to do some stuff with it in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, as a personal project - much better engine, much better support for custom skeletons & bipedal vehicles, as well as fx and shaders, and hopefully not the same bug-infested crap that is BF2.

Good luck to the First Strike guys implementing their walkers - the point wasn't that it can't be done completely, it's just that it can't be done properly, IMO at best they will end up just as Galactic Conquest's walkers back in BF1942.

Comment

Working...
                        X