Re-Terraining crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Terraining crash

Okay, I have a problem. I was working on this nice little plane crash scene in my map, then when I go in to test it, I get a crash. After 10 re-loads and crashes of my map, and removing the whole scene. I narrowed the problem down to the terrain. So, I went about trying, 3 times, to re-terrain the crash site, but every time I get a crash in the editor.

Any help?
    I attatched the crash because that red warning is what popped up when I tryed re-terraining. Something to do with the heightmap?

Re: Re-Terraining crash

Get rid of all traces of fire and smoke

Comment

AlphaMRE is right. THe smoke and fire effects can crash it. If you have any of the effects embedded in the terrain it wigs out. Either remove them or raise the higher above the terrain.

Comment

Yeah, there was smoke and fire, alot of it, but I deleted all of it. And what do you mean, embeded in the terrain?

Comment

what embeded is is when a object is not 100 % sitting onto of the terrain, is more like 90 % sticking out of ground, so part of is is in the ground,

i have had no problems with smoke, i recal on waterfall,(but its fixed anyway)i had one once and it was stuff as i tiltinted it by mistake , lol, I NEEDED to re slope the aera were i had the waterfall, ie i just remove it and it would crash, so i just re made around that area, first i made a a little pitt, then i added back hills , and it was fine, again,
          so i guess try that and see if it helps u ,

Comment

Oddly enough, last night when I was fooling around down there in the editor, I place one fire, one smoke, and one oiltower flame. I then deleted them all, and said "I'm done for now till I get this fixed, and figured I'd crash myself out to try again. (I deleted the fames and smoke again) And so, when I tryed, it didn't crash. O_o. It's all good now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X