Differences in game smoothness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in game smoothness?

I'm sure everyones has experienced this. I'm not sure as to what might actually cause it, but like most people, I enjoy the smoother rounds of BF2.

Example:

1 round of playing Karkland, and you get a hefty score of 65+. You did very good with like 1 kit, and you had some moments that you laughed and cheered about. You might have lost, but its not like you care right?

Take a break for 1 hour.

Hop back on a different server with the same amount of people and on the same map.

This time, you get like 17 points, or at least are in the middle - low range of the scoreboard. Most of the time you die, its usually something annoying like getting run over, tubed in the face, shot at from behind and are always in the zone of a arty strike. You also find yourself with a boiling want of revenge everytime you respawn, and end up having little or no fun even if you did win.

This morning was going great. I unlocked a kit and got 2 veteran badges. But in the last 15 minutes (7:00 - 7:15 PM), I just hit my keyboard and cursed at my monitor like 5 times

This usually doesnt happen in most games that Ive played. I tried to get some more vet badges, but I usually ended up with like 13/20 kills or something.
    Can anyone relate to whats happening here?

Re: Differences in game smoothness?

Sometimes you're on and sometimes you're off. I think once you start getting frustrated etc. it just turns into a snowball effect. Everyone has a bad round once in awhile so don't let it get to you.

Comment

just means you got owned the 2nd time around. :P

seriously tho, we all have our good times and our bad times.

*waits for someone to bite off his head for saying karkland*

Comment

No matter how many times they play on it, some people just don't see the big words Strike At Karkand on the map every time.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
          No matter how many times they play on it, some people just don't see the big words Strike At Karkand on the map every time.
          Hah, ya I've noticed that trend. I just laugh at it now every time someone calls it that. In fact I like to mess my friend I play with by calling it that all the time just to hear them constantly correct me. Wonder when they will catch on that I'm doin it on purpose?

Comment

I call it Karkland. It took me a while to notice there was no L and I play it all the time, but I still call it that. Karkand is just weird to say now. It'll always be Karkland to me.

Comment

Sometimes all the chips fall on your side and then sometimes not. It is funny how you can just hit everything right, and then you just can't get going the next. I hate the rounds where you dont see anyone to shoot at the whole round and repeatedly get tk'ed and and are always one step behind on the flags being capped the whole round.

Comment

It seems the game has worse performance sometimes for me ever since the patch. I'll start a game and it will either play fine or become a slideshow. I never had this problem before the patch. I read that there are performance problems with "certain ATI cards" that is supposed to be fixed in the next patch but couldn't find any info on what ATI cards have the problems or what kind of problems they have. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro.

Comment

For every patch, there is more and more lag, and the game gets less smooth. The performance goes down with every patch.

Play the demo, and it will be smooth as butter (since it was before EA screwed up with all it's patches)

Comment

Working...
                  X