Bounding mines for Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounding mines for Engineers

I would like to see an option for the engineer class to have anti personel mines instead of antitank. Maybe a bounding mine like the M16A2 which is a cylindrical, steel bodied, bounding A pers mine which is designed to wound or kill by fragmentation. The mine resembles a large tin can, it has a crimped upper edge and a threaded fuze cavity offset from center on top of the body. A tubular pronged fuze (M605 pull/pressure) is screwed into the cavity and the mine is ready for use. Pull of 1.5 kg on a tripwire or pressure of 3.5 kg on one of three prongs on top of the M605 actuates the mine. When actuated the mine bounds approximately 1.5 meters into the air and explodes, scattering fragmentation to a radius of 30 meters. The mine has an emplaced life expectancy (70% chance of functioning as designed) of 8 years in temperate zones with clay soil and up to 12 years in a tropical environment. The M16 series of bounding mines can be located visually or with metal detectors under most field conditions. The M16A2 is the latest of the M16 series bounding mines which have been developed since the 1950's. Earlier versions include the M16 and M16A1 which are heavier and have the fuze cavity centered on top. The basic concept for bounding mines was first used by the Germans in WWII and has been widely copied.

What do you guys think?

Re: Bounding mines for Engineers

Nice.

Comment

double post

Comment

ya. ive been wondering if we could get a Bouncing betty into the game. Virtually its a at mine which jumps up and explodes in ur chest.

Ive also been waiting for like a Napalm bomb for a USA bomber. or a bomb which explodes above the ground into a load of tiny bombs which rape infantry but hardly hurt armor.

which actually i think the new euro plane seems to have. it says it has laser guided air 2 ground. which it also has. meaning it has 2 types. since laser guided will be for armor. the other ground one will probably be a more infantry meant bomb.

Comment

I loved the info, however, there are already Anti-personnel mines in the game. They are called claymores, and if you want to use them, put down the wrench and grab a sniper rifle

Comment

Working...
          X