Choppy sound with SB Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppy sound with SB Live

I have been reading posts that the SB live does not work with Bf2 to render audio and i just want to make sure that is true. I just bought one because i wanted to fix a static and crakly sound problem. It fixed that but now the voices in the game and the graphics are choppy when i use the harware to render my audio. Is there any way i can fix this without having to buy an audiogy 2??

Re: Choppy sound with SB Live

I have the same problem.... anyone?

Comment

dunno, i have a SB live! sound card and i use hardware renderer for audio, but according to the bf2 readme, the sb live! doesnt support hardware, so maybe switch it to software?

Comment

I'm reasonnably sure only the X-Fi sound cards can render the audio via hardware. I have an X-fi set to hardware ultra high, its great. I had a soundblaster, and couldn't use hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
          dunno, i have a SB live! sound card and i use hardware renderer for audio, but according to the bf2 readme, the sb live! doesnt support hardware, so maybe switch it to software?
          Depends on which Live it is.

If it is the original 4.1/Value/5.1 then it should be able to do hardware, you just won't get the newer versions of EAX (3 and 4), as they all have the original Audigy chip (EMU10K1) on them. If it is the SB Live 24 bit then software is all it can do as it does not have the Audigy chip on it.

Comment

can u lower the acceleration with that card in your direct x? that might help

Comment

Working...
            X