New RED Distance marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RED Distance marker

Ok so I've been searching the forums trying to find out what this is with no luck. What does the red distance marker on the ground mean? Sorry if this has been posted a million times, I just couldn't find it.

Re: New RED Distance marker

No official answer at this time.

Obviously it's where DICE has screwed up.

Comment

its nothing important ,it some bug from mapping times, you can see it eaven in ver. 1.00 of game just open editor and locate it
      sorry for my eng.

Comment

Yeah, I've been wondeirng this also. Myabe it the very center of the map on the x, y, and z axis?

Comment

I was thinking its the center of the mapp too but sometimes I see it as red then another time blue then another time purpole (mix of red an blue) prob just ANOTHER bug...

Comment

Maby it have something to do with UAV....?!
            If you look at the sky you can see BLUE and RED UAV names.

Comment

Bug #8 introduced/not fixed and counting

Comment

its the uav

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysanchez
                  its the uav
                  Great. Could you be a little more specific? That's the distance to the enemies UAV? I dont think this is right because mine stayed in the the same spot the entire game. Obviously the distance changed depending on where I was, but I dont think the point ever changed.

Comment

ya, I dont think it has anythign to do with the UAV, because I have seen this last for the entire map. Other times it just isn't there at all. Frankly you'd think when testing the patch they would have noticed this and fixed it...but as I said...bug #8 and counting. Oh actually...I'm at 10 new/not fixed bugs now and counting lol...I'm making a list...lol

Comment

It's a bug.

Comment

It is a bug. Im pretty sure its the UAV when it isnt flying around in the air. Its like its parked underground or something.

Comment

i just followed it once cuz it shows a distance to something....on sharqi if i remember it led to like inbetween the radio tower place and the construction yard.

Comment

Wait I played sharqi (32 player) and was on the MEC, the distance marker was purple but the closer I got it began to turn into a red distance marker.

And it was on the beach to the left of the TV Station, behind the building with the garage and ramp.

Comment

Interesting. I haven't seen blue or purple yet...just red. Does it ever happen to anyone on the first round of a map? It seems to appear for me after the first round. So if there are three rounds for a map, I see it on the second and third rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X