This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 A3

Since the G3 in Battlefield 2 is awesomely accurate...I thought about buying one.

I can get a parts kit for $244 and buy the lower reciever for it, or I can buy the entire gun for $499. By the way, this isn't an actual HK rifle, its a clone of one. No way in hell can I afford an actual HK product. This rifle though looks and shoots exactly like the G3 does.

The reason why it packs such a punch in Battlefield 2 is because it shoots 7.62 ammunition (.308). That is the same round that the M60 and M240 gulf shoot. Its a pretty big round and deadly at close range.

Why would anyone want to own one of these? Well, I live in the United States and its a right to, might as well see what its made of!

Here is a link to a complete one for $800. Its a bit overpriced. Cheaper just to build it yourself.

Re: G3 A3

I don't know about paying for an imitation rifle but G3 is sexy.

Comment

Only in America.

Comment

Just save yourself some money and buy an SKS.LOL Also .308 has absolutely no problem killing at long range too.

Comment

I had an SKS and loved it but my cousin wanted it really bad so I sold it to him.

I currently own an AR15, Glock 17, and a Semi-Auto magazine fed 12GA shotgun.

Looking to expand my collection with some BF2 weaponry.

Comment

I had an SKS too and it was a sweet gun. Although it liked to jam every once in a while. All I've got at this point is my S&W 38 Speacial, a little 22 auto and a Mossberg 12 guage. I've shot the AR-15 before and its very nice.

I've gotta say that $500 seems like a pretty good price on that gun.

Comment

is it airsoft or what?

Comment

I own an Anschutz .22 magnum, which is made in Germany. It is an beautiful rifle and the sound it makes is alot better than some of the ingame BF sounds (read L85A1).
                i used to own a Browning lever action chambered in .223 and that sounded like the thunderclap made by Thors hammer.......

Comment

Maybe this isn't the best place for us to be talking about our guns. We really don't want the younger kids to want to start playing with the real things. I mean we are maknig a direct comparison with the guns in the game. Probably not a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DEVOST8R
                    Maybe this isn't the best place for us to be talking about our guns. We really don't want the younger kids to want to start playing with the real things. I mean we are maknig a direct comparison with the guns in the game. Probably not a great thing.
                    Thanks Mothers against Gaming!

Comment

Originally posted by xXMMMSXx

No need to be mean. He has a valid point and is entitled to his opinion. Games teach kids no respect for firearms and most kids growing up never handle one. So a parent's gun in a kids hands who is trying to be cool is no joke. Just a thought.

So isn't there all sorts of crazy permitting required for owning assult weapons (specifically automatics?) in the US. I would assume a G3 replica would qualify for that. I grew up shooting but haven't really done it too much since I've hit college. Kicking around getting a handy small caliber pistol to take to the range for some plinking. Any suggestions on something accurate and not a complete beast?

Comment

Originally posted by xXMMMSXx
                        HAHAHA!

[Little Johnny] Mommy, I just got done playing a fun round of Battlefield 2, can I have an AK-47 for my birthday!? [/Little Johnny] :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
                          HAHAHA!

[Little Johnny] Mommy, I just got done playing a fun round of Battlefield 2, can I have an AK-47 for my birthday!? [/Little Johnny] :laugh:

That would be a sweet birthday present! Though a couple was murdered with one locally a few months back. kinda scary.

Comment

Originally posted by gummi467
                            No need to be mean. He has a valid point and is entitled to his opinion. Games teach kids no respect for firearms and most kids growing up never handle one. So a parent's gun in a kids hands who is trying to be cool is no joke. Just a thought.

So isn't there all sorts of crazy permitting required for owning assult weapons (specifically automatics?) in the US. I would assume a G3 replica would qualify for that. I grew up shooting but haven't really done it too much since I've hit college. Kicking around getting a handy small caliber pistol to take to the range for some plinking. Any suggestions on something accurate and not a complete beast?
                            Most common mis-conception about Assault Rifle ownership in the United States and #1 reason they are frowned upon.

Sorry the bold letters but this really sets a fire under my ass.

They are not fully-automatic!!!

As for owning them, there are states, most notably, California that have high restrictions on ownership. That classfies for a great majority of all assault rifles.

As for them being fully-automatic, they are not unless you illegaly garage modify them, and that is a felony. Lets say if I were to go out tomorrow and buy the G3 replica, it would be semi-auto. That means every time, no matter how fast I pull the trigger, the gun fires one shot each time the trigger is pulled.

Fully-automatic weapons require a special permit and buying them costs thousands of dollars since they are pretty much....rare.

New fully-automatics cannot be owned by private citizens unless the receiver, lower part that contains all the trigger mechanism is stamped before a specific date, I believe its 89' but I could be wrong, too lazy to look up.

There are laws that cover the specifics on the gun and restrict you from owning them. For example, on an assault rifle, the barrel cannot be below 16 inches or its classified as a Short-Barreled Rifle. That in itself requires a special permit issued by the ATF (US Government Agency) along with a signature from your Police Chief and 90 day background check. Ah yes, I almost forgot, the State you live in, if US Citizen must be an NFA friendly state. NFA stands for National Firearms Act, that is the federal law that restricts SBRs, SBS, DD's, and Machine Guns. If your state has its own ownership restrictions, owning the above, becomes much harder. California for example, since the state is loaded with Gangs, gays, and evil politicians, owning an AK there legally is pretty much impossible.

Hope some of this info helps.

In short...

1) If the gun looks like an assault rifle, 90% of time, its not a full-automatic.

2) If the gun looks scary, that doesn't mean its a fully-automatic death machine!

and last but not least..

3) Not everyone can own Assault Style Rifles because they may be living in a state where ownership is banned: CA and NY are two of them I know by heart.

Comment

Ok well that all definately makes sense and is basically what I thought. Thanks for clarifying it. It certainly wasn't my intent to push any buttons I just have zero time dealing with assult weaponry.

Also after looking around I'm having a hard time finding decent resources for handgun info and forums. Most of what I've come across is a bunch of guys talking about what they're going to use to blow away a home intruded with, bragging about it really. I'm not so sure I agree with our right to bear arms reading some of that stuff. Oy. Any suggestions on some more useful forums?

Thanks

- Unity

Comment

Working...
                              X