BF2 Patch 1.22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Patch 1.22?

Well I had a problem with the 1.2 patch. It lags liek hell and the buildings are invisible, the game is unplayable. I checked EA's support page and this is what it said:

Question Why do I experience graphical corruption, missing buildings, or crashing after updating to patch 1.2?
    Answer Although the v1.2 patch was tested with the supported video chipsets, certain unsupported chipsets react to the update with graphical corruption, missing buildings, and even crashing. This seems to occur especially with the ATI 92XX series of video cards. Although these cards have never been officially supported, they did work previous to the patch and the appropriate teams are looking for a solution to resolve these issues.
    For your reference, the supported video card list is included below:
    • ATI Radeon X700 (PCIe), X600 (PCIe), X800 XT Platinum Edition, X800 PRO, and X300 series.
    • ATI Radeon 9800 series, 9700 series, 9600 series, 9559 (RV350LX), 9500 series, and 8500 series.
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (PCIe), and PCX 5900 (PCIe).
    • NVIDIA GeForce 5800 series (AGP).
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra, 6800 GT, and 6800.
    • NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 series, FX 5900 series, and FX 5700 series.
    It is also recommended that you keep your video card drivers up to date to prevent these issues.

Of course i have an ATI 9250, explaining why my game doesn't work

This poses a few questions: If a proper team is working on it, will there be a patch 1.22? Or possibly will Euro Forces fix this (i find this more unlikely though due to the fact that not everyone will buy Euro Forces)? Or will those of us with this issue have to wait for patch 1.3? Or maybe will EA let the problem go unsolved?

If anyone knows anything pertaining to this or has speculations, post here. If it does turn out that EA updates with a bug fix, please PM me with the news.

Re: BF2 Patch 1.22?

Radeon 9559? Okay, now EA is just making up video cards.

Comment

They make up video cards that work with BF2 and make it so the game screws up with tangible, real video cards.

This fits with the "what was DICE smoking" thread.

Comment

Well, to be honest, the 9200 series is getting very old...you should probably just bite the bullet and upgrade.

You can get a decent Geforce 6200 on ebay like that one for around $50, that should be quite a bit faster than the 92xx card.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosstrooper
          They make up video cards that work with BF2 and make it so the game screws up with tangible, real video cards.

This fits with the "what was DICE smoking" thread.
          What are you smoking that makes you expect to play flawlessly with a card that old?

Comment

I've heard they are working on a hot fix----should be ready in June

Comment

Originally posted by Uber:Jagermeiter
              I've heard they are working on a hot fix----should be ready in June
              Ah yes, that date is to be expected from DICE.

Comment

Originally posted by pickled pizza
                What are you smoking that makes you expect to play flawlessly with a card that old?
                He should be able to play flawlessly. He didn't say that he wants to play on all high a 8X AA. He might be playing on all low. Missing buildings is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by pickled pizza
                  Put down that Salvia...a card like that shouldn't have any problems playing on all low (then again this is BF2 were talking about...amazing quality of code).

Comment

They lie!

Supports Radeon 9600? What a joke.

It does until you got concussion in 1.12 or if you want your gun's skin to keep dissappearing. And I get the occasional crash.

Comment

I have played this game on a 9600XT, and I have a friend that does as well, and the game plays flawless on medium overall quality.

Quit knocking us fun loving cheapskates

Comment

Yeah with the 9250 i ran fine on all low, wouldn't lag unless there were server problems.

Then i get this patch and the game just doesn't work right.

Comment

I'll have to ask in my friend with a 5600 how his BF2 is running these days...

Comment

A new verion of BF2 appeared on EA's test server last Tuesday, hours after the patch release. Since then it's changed twice I believe. They're now on version 1.1.2708-540.0 so it looks like someone is working on something

Tough question though. If EA fix something they broke with the patch but only affects people with unsupported gfx cards then I'll be impressed. The 9200 was never supposed to run BF2 without some problems and they may not devote that much time to it when you consider the other things that need to be hotfixed.

Comment

Well i never had problems running the game in the past with my 9250, also this may be affecting a good deal of users as i have read sdimilar complaints elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X