Muting chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muting chat?

Is there anyway to mute the chat emotes?
    such as
    'Enemy infantry spotted'

it gets really annoying when the commander spots out 20 units ina row and you cant hear anything else
    or also when people just spam it

especially in the MEC language, its annoying as hell

Re: Muting chat?

No Way, Man.

No Can Do.

Comment

Originally posted by qotsaAG
      Is there anyway to mute the chat emotes?
      such as
      'Enemy infantry spotted'

it gets really annoying when the commander spots out 20 units ina row and you cant hear anything else
      or also when people just spam it

especially in the MEC language, its annoying as hell
      Mute ur spekers

Comment

mute the guy that keeps doing that on the TAB menu

Comment

I ticked the "English only" box, as I don't like trying to learn chinese/whatever mec speak and I am usually ignore the scrolling text unless it's someone directly talking to me.

Comment

Yeah, it's annoying but I'd rather have a commander that is intelligent enough to do that than one that only goes with the UAV. The only time I spam a target is when I want to get a nearby soldier's attention.

Comment

I only manually spot vehicles or the occasional sniper when I am commander, the restI just throw down a UAVor manually type it when an enemy sneaks up on one of my sqauds.

I hate it when a commander just spams the comms.

Comment

yes, its is very annoying when you are in combat and cant hear where the enemy is coming from cus of the stuped commnader... I willl try to find those files and DELETE them... if anyone manages to do that pls post your exp. with it, thx

Comment

theres been several posts on this, so yea, I wish theyd add a mute but also maybe an option to disable text messages that go with them, so you can see things that people might type.

Comment

Ok, I assumed that the 'mute' option in the 'Manage' screen only muted that player's VOIP output.

Can anybody confirm that it actually prevents you from seeing/hearing their radio commands?

Comment

Mute only mutes the Voip correct, delteing the enemy spotted files will only result in you being kicked by punkbuster.

I've already tried to modifiy/ remove the annoying beep beep of the lock tone in aircraft so only the red X is an indication of being locked, as there was nothing more annoying that stupid noob that used to fly around with his missile lock on when they were worthless. This results in punkbuster kicking for modified content.

So the conclusion is NO you cannot do anything about this, learn to put up with it, the commander is trying to guide and help you guys.

If you dont like my answer go play something else as this game isnt really for impatient people who are easily fustrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X