Possible to have only English spoken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to have only English spoken?

I thought I had read how to have only English spoken regardless of what "team" you're on, but I can't find it through a forum search.

Is it possible to set the game up in this manner? Thanks in advance!

Re: Possible to have only English spoken?

Go to your sound setting in game. There's a check box there for English only voices.

Comment

yes in sound options, tick box with "english voices only"

EDIT: posted at same time

Comment

A little know fact is that using english only will actually give you a preformance boost. It cuts the RAM requirment for Voice Overs in half. That's a perty good boost for those of us with lower end machines.

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

I cannot really see that a performance boost would even be noticeable. Maybe it's just BS or wishful thinking.

Comment

Well it would make sense for a performance increase, however knowing dice they probley kept them in the memory anyway. Eitherway i'd keep my standard voice overs since it gives you an advantage on the battlefield when you can hear the enemy is close.

Comment

Trust me... it does have an impact.
                I'm right up against the wall in terms of machine resources. Full language reduces my frames noticably.
                It prolly won't do anything if you've got lots of RAM, tho.
                Check to see how much RAM BF2 is using. If it's 100%, then switching to English Only will reduce the load some (not likely to take you below 100%, but it means less hits to the swapfile).

Comment

i keep mine english only, and if i hear someone say something i look in my minimap to see who is around me. i have gotten many cuz i could hear them and not see someone in my mini. and if it does use less memory, that helps, like gimp said, us people w/ lower end machines and it causes less need to look at the ingame chat messages as often.

Comment

Working...
                  X