What happened to tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to tanks?

I read several posts about "nerfed tanks".... Like 1 ATM = 1 Kill, shorter tank battles, etc.

Were the tanks really nerfed? I couldnt find anything about this in the changelog..

Re: What happened to tanks?

If you're good, you can one shot kill or seriously damage an enemy tank now (Assuming you're in a tank too). In regards to the weakness, it's odd. I've been able to take 3 - 4 AT missiles at times, and sometimes only 1 or 2.

Comment

ya...something seems wrong with them...Fired 4 shots into an enemy tank and they were barely smoking. They had no engineer or crates around them since they were in the wide open and I would have seen them. I think its just ANOTHER bug thanks to the patch *grumbles*

Comment

You can take a AT missle a few times if they don't hit you in the right spot and it also depends whether or not you're being slammed by ground defense (which are better) or if you're getting nailed by the SRAW hand fired types. In my opinion, the AT class is only usefull versus skinned vehicles and not versus any of the tanks in BF2

Comment

The hit detection seems to be horribly broken in this version. I've had 4-5 missiles "explode" on an enemy jet and not do anything. I've also had shells and AT rounds pass through or seemingly explode on vehicles but not do any damage. The same applies to TV missiles and the laser missiles in the bombers.

Comment

ya AT was my favourite kit. u have a gun which is decent against infantry. u have the rocket for vehicles.

but when i shoot 3 at a stationary jeep and never killed him. which is even more wierd. I had like unlimited ammo.

So basically ive been engineer and medic lately. +sometimes i get some support in.

but its true. If you shoot the sides(tracks) u can literally 1shotkill a tank if you hit it right. but if ur just shooting into the front. it'll take 3+ rockets.

Comment

Working...
            X