L96 sound for M24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L96 sound for M24

is it possible to give the M24 the L96 sounds?

i just love the sound the gun makes

Re: L96 sound for M24

No, not without having to create a mod or being stuck with only playing non-PunkBuster servers.

Comment

I don't know-why would punkbuster care what guns sound like to a client? It's not like hearing your own gun fire differently would be a cheat is it?

Comment

PunkBuster is just retarded. Simple as that.

How it checks is with an MD5 Hash. So it glances at the number and if it's not an exact match then you can't play.

Comment

well im only 25 000 points away from the next unlock, hang in there

Comment

yeah its truely the best sounding sniper rifle par none...

but if you got an enemy in the vicinity... their gonna hear the gun cuz it makes that bang...crack...whoosh sound which lasts atleast twice as long as the m24's firing sound. so its that much easier for the close by enemy to get a lock on your area.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks it sound like poo?

The HK21... now that is a sweet sounding weapon, though not nearly as effective as the other lmgs

Comment

You can edit files in Objects_Server.zip without errors! I just changed the sound of L96 for M24. Works fine at least on Boomtown servers. I still strongly recommend to take backup...

Comment

Originally posted by flanker-f
                  You can edit files in Objects_Server.zip without errors! I just changed the sound of L96 for M24. Works fine at least on Boomtown servers. I still strongly recommend to take backup...
                  And you havent been PB kicked a single time?

Comment

I would strongly recommend not editing anything in the objcts server or client.zip folders.

Figge, what is your ingame name, (your totalbf2 stats link doesnot work)

Comment

Working...
                    X