CPU grade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU grade problem

I just recently purchased a p4 3.4eghz 800fsb. I currently have a 2.66ghz with a intel 865glc mobo, 1.5 gb pc2700. On intel's webpg, theyve stated that this cpu will work in this mobo. However, when i install it, it hangs up the system, no boot, no post, no beep. It should be compaitble; however, has any had similar problems or setups? Did i buy a bad CPU? thanks.

Re: CPU grade problem

Well first off you need to make sure your motherboard has the lastest BIOS. If it doesnt you will need to flash it. If it does you should reset the BIOS. You need to really look into your motherboard manufacture to see of that board well run the E class pentium 4. The require alot of special stuff due to their high power requirements and alot of older boards wont run them unless it was a high qulity overclocking board to begin with.

Comment

did the updating already, did the mobo drivers update already lol. im running out of options otherthan my cpu was shipped bad to me.... and i can't find any store or friend around here to test it. someone told me to check my AA# for my intel mobo. i have a C28906-401. Ive heard a rumor that this version is too old and i need an updated one. Thanks wickedslammy though. i might look into a different mobo. if theres any info on rather i have the right version (AA#) or not, please share. thanks!!!

Comment

Look here

You need to the have appropriate Bios version P13 or greater, and also the appropriate motherboard revision (something you cannot change)

The "E" CPU's are based off the prescot core, and many early i865/875 boards are not compatible because they were designed for northwoods at the time.

Board Revision note: A small bar-coded label, similar to the diagram shown below, can be found on the component side of the desktop board. The numbers following the letters "AA" can help identify the type and version of your desktop board. The AA contains a 6 digit main number, and a 3 digit dash number (the 3 numbers following the "-".

The statement "...or later" refers to the dash number of the AA (the three numbers following the "-"). If this number is greater than the number listed in the table, the board supports the associated processor(s).

If your 6 digit main number is not listed in the table, contact your system manufacturer for processor support information.

Comment

Working...
        X