Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A point of view on BF@'s new 1.2patch

My views on the new 1.2 patch:

At first I though I liked the 1.2 patch. But after continous playing there are several reasons that I've grown to dislike it so much that I reverted back to the 1.12 patch. There are many reasons (such as the countless list of new bugs created and those not fixed). The biggest would be the absolute nerfing done to any weapon that actually kills someone.

I think a great deal of us would have been happy with a reduction in the C-4 throwing distance (so it couldn't be used as a main weapon), a little better Anti-Air capablility and the end of dolphin diving. Instead we have a sluggish, nerfed to the extreme, bug filled game. Instead of a C-4 and Dolpihin diving fools, we have claymore "everywere" retards and endless "football" thrown grenades from the support class. All EA/Dice did is trade a few evils to a bucket full of them in the form of a new patch.

I think from the very begining the main problems with BF2 have been 2 things:

1) Bullet devation. Even in single shot mode...and perfect aim we can still miss. This alone has been the single greatest cause in persons abusing exploits and over using the "noobtube." Unlike Battlefield Vietnam, you can unload a whole clip on a opposing player (with what seems to be bebe-pelets) only to have him return fire with a lucky bullet deviation shot that strikes you in the head. Another example: no one ever complained about bunny hopping in previous BF games. Reason why? Cause if you could aim and your opponent jumped like a bunny, he was as good as dead. Even the noobtubes weren't a problem in BFV. Reason why? Because if you had good aim, you still had a excellent chance of killin any noobtube abuser!

2) This gay Ranking system: Why is this a cause of problems? Because for one, only promotes those who can play the game 24/07, everyday. The ranking system does not reward players for skill in the least bit. Then theres the matter of these gay ribbons, medals and badges. I have read many times that people like them because it gives them a goal and a sense of accomplishment. Well thats nice and all but for a game that depends on team play, its no help when every other pubber is running around with a sole purpose of getting some retarded reward and not giving a damn about thier team.

What EA/Dice should have did in the 1.2 patch (my opinion)

1) Fix C-4
    2) End dolphin diving
    3) A "little" better Anti-Air defense, maybe even a Anti-Air class (like a Anti-Tank class)
    4) Improve "every" classes/Weapon accuracy.
    5) Fix the damn bugs
    6) Thats it!
    Now a few of you will still want to complain about the assualt class. Yes the noobtube can be very annoying granted. However I would like to remind you that the assualt class is the MAIN ASSUALT (AKA Fighting CLASS). All other classes are support or specialty classes). Theres something wrong when everyone on a server wants to run around as a anti-tank on a sever (as an example).

In the end all EA/Dice did was create a war of words on every BF2 forum out there. Wether or not you like or dislike the 1.2 patch you have to admit theres a huge amount of unhappyness and a huge amount of people either reverting back to the 1.12 patch or quiting BF2 all together. For those that think the patch is great (aka snipers and support class lovers) enjoy the game while you can because if EA/Dice does not fix this soon or a good mod doesn't comes along quickly, this game won't survive down the road. Even if they make a BF3, far less people will be willing to buy it, and there for you will have far less people to play with.

I hope this can be the basis for a constructive thread. I know I'm being hopeful at best. however incase anyone wants to call me a noobtube lover or i can't aim or some other retard name...you can easily check my gay stats on BF2s.

As an example:
    Weapon Time
    AssaultRifles 114:06:50
    GrenadeLaunch 19:06:17

Re: A point of view on BF@'s new 1.2patch

It doesnt look like dice is ever going to get this game 100% to please everyone so me im just gonna live with it and play the game, the new patch has its draw backs i grant you that but it also has its upsides, lets all just play and be content in the fact that someone has brought out a game of this callibre in the 1st place!

Comment

Working...
    X