CTD on Join Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD on Join Game

OK, ive searched, but so far not been able to find a working answer so i'm posting here.

I tried to start a custom map a while back and got on OK but I decided I want to use custom models so I spent a few months learning to use 3DS Max. I came back to mapping today and as a refresher, decided to run through the EA modding tutorials.

I followed the terrain editor & level editor tutorials exactly, however, when I go to test my level it loads to 100% then crashes when I click 'Join Game'. I have tried using the supplied level as a basis, same deal. I've tried creating just a plain map with a tiny bit of texture, 1 building and the minimun 2 flags & spawn points, same again.

When I run bf2_r.exe, it wont even load throwing up all sorts of errors like Particles.fx(229): error X3041: unsupported compiler target 'LOWPSMODEL'.

Now I know this worked last time I tried during 1.12 cos I got as far as testing a level, flying/driving around it etc with no problems. I can only asume this is a compatibility issue with the new patch and bf2editor.

Incidently, the regular BF2 maps are working fine when I run them using the same process (via Local Server).

Any ideas, i'm stuck right at the start here as it's hard to design a level without being able to test it in game. Don't know what other info I can give except that I am running a fresh (<24 hours old) installation of Windows XP and I have BF2:SF installed, but if you need any just ask.

Thanks for any help

Re: CTD on Join Game

OK having played with my Vid settings it seems that the crash is caused by having terrain set to low. Anyone know of a fix for this, I dont want to spend hours making a map then find it crashes for som people.

Comment

Working...
    X