This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Gun is now an airsoft version?

Whats the F*ck are these swedes on? Dice have killed the Mini gun!

It only seems to want to hit people in apcs, hummers etc, people on the ground? they dont get touched!

And no, im not a crap shot before anyone says it, pre-patch i was dominating in the BH. Anyone else feel that the mini gun has turned into a BB gun?

Boo.

Re: Mini Gun is now an airsoft version?

I didn't see you complaining about the MEC chopper before the patch.

Comment

The blackhawk is as worthless as the MEC chopper now.

Comment

Ummm...a little nerfed, yeah. I can still hit people with it, and with the right combo of medics and engi's you can usually stay up for quite a while, but it seems like they have nerfed the area of effect from the shells, and maybe the penetration.

I know what you mean though--in the past there was no <i>almost</i> no where for infantry to hide, and all the vehicles (armor included I think) tanks were all subject to death-by-blackhawk.

It does seem more balanced now, though...except that all the helicopters are flying coffins now with AA as strong and accurate as it is. I was playing AT and camping an AA site on Dragon Valley last night, backed up by a medic. I would fire at APC with the AT missile, medic would fire the TOW, and then I would hop in the AA and shoot down any incoming birds, then hop out to avoid fire, heal, etc. The other team desperately needed snipers; without them it only took the two of us to hold off multiple coordinated combined arms assaults.

Comment

I was one on one with a BH gunner before on Songhua and he couldn't hit me at all, even though the pilot was really steady in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Spunge
            I didn't see you complaining about the MEC chopper before the patch.
            Thats becuase i didn't. Im on about the US blackhawk

I only use the MEC helo for durka durka purposes.

Yeh, what i meant was that the bullet 'splash' effect seems to be non existant compared to pre-patch. Yes, its evened the airpower out a bit more, i was just shocked as to how nerfed its become.

I'll get used to it i suppose.

Comment

Same for the attack chopper for the MECSF on that Iron Gator map, the Chaingun on the front sucks I didn't get one kill with it.

Comment

I got popped out of my grounded BH gunner seat with two shots from a Spec Ops at 30m before I could shoot him.

crazy

Comment

The other day i was playing Mashtuur, and i spawned on my squad leader who was in the BH. I was a gunner, and we flew over the gas station.....i let it rip into a guy about 3 feet to his side, and carried it through his body to about 5 feet on the other side.

I flat out swear i saw the bullets go right into his body and not kill him.

BH= ultimately nerfed.

Less HP
                  AA missles stronger
                  Miniguns do less damage.

Comment

The Mini-Gun is as it should be. You do have to actually "HIT" someone with it in oder to cause damage, you cannot just get it within' the general location.

Although, it should kill one one or two hits tops. Considering the caliber of the Mini-Guns; .50BMG and up... Although, same should apply to the Kord which is a Russian .50, only with a much slower rate of fire.

...then again, reality has no bearing on anything. So, the weapons simply needed to be nerfed so that transport choppers fit the bill for what they truely are. "Transport" helos. Now, if they want to implement some mobile weapons platforms, I'm all cool for that. Yet, it's pointless considering we have attack Helos in the game.

Just aim, and fire in burst so your weapon doesn't overheat, and you'll be good.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by AnaalDuck UK
                      Yeh, what i meant was that the bullet 'splash' effect seems to be non existant compared to pre-patch. Yes, its evened the airpower out a bit more, i was just shocked as to how nerfed its become.

I'll get used to it i suppose.
                      I could see Dice reducing the effectiveness of the miniguns by 15 or 20% in conjunction with lowering its hit points; that would have helped balance the BH out a bit. But reducing it by 90%? That's just plain stupid.

I installed the patch last night, and friend and I were in the BH on Mashtuur (he=piloting, me=engineering, with 3 other random guys in the chopper). During about a 4 minute flight around the map, the gunners killed exactly no one. ZERO. Before the patch, they would have wasted a minirmum 15-20 ground pounders and at least a vehicle or two. Post-patch, they kill no one.

That's not "balancing" the minigun, that's "making it a fking worthless joke."

I have had no major issues with the game and have had loads of fun playing it for months, bugs and all. But to simultaneously render a vehicle incredibly vulnerable to ground vehicles/AA and to completely neuter its only means of defense ... that's the dumbest g*ddamned thing I've seen in the gaming world in years.

What the hell were those freakin' Swedes thinking?

EDIT: OK, just read that Dice Canada coded the patch. I revise my statement: "stupid Canucks."

Comment

lol dont you like airsoft? yeah BH sux now, hurray!

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                          The Mini-Gun is as it should be. You do have to actually "HIT" someone with it in oder to cause damage, you cannot just get it within' the general location.

Although, it should kill one one or two hits tops. Considering the caliber of the Mini-Guns; .50BMG and up... Although, same should apply to the Kord which is a Russian .50, only with a much slower rate of fire.

...then again, reality has no bearing on anything. So, the weapons simply needed to be nerfed so that transport choppers fit the bill for what they truely are. "Transport" helos. Now, if they want to implement some mobile weapons platforms, I'm all cool for that. Yet, it's pointless considering we have attack Helos in the game.

Just aim, and fire in burst so your weapon doesn't overheat, and you'll be good.

{WP}Paas
                          Paas, although US miniguns have a variety of ammo they feed on, most are on 7.62/5.56 (wont give my head for the 5.56 one). Im no expert.

Saw a minigun training video. This **** blows a civi car up in less than a splitsecond.

Comment

Originally posted by AnaalDuck UK
                            Whats the F*ck are these swedes on? Dice have killed the Mini gun!

It only seems to want to hit people in apcs, hummers etc, people on the ground? they dont get touched!

And no, im not a crap shot before anyone says it, pre-patch i was dominating in the BH. Anyone else feel that the mini gun has turned into a BB gun?

Boo.

the Vulcan (minigun) was already underpowered in vanilla, much less by what I've seen here

Comment

The BH miniguns are completely useless and unrealistic. In real life you can shoot around someone and the blast will kill them. Now you have to load like 20 bullets into someone to kill them.

I was sitting in a black hawk, a guy was prone and i was still in the gun. I start shooting, the bullets bouncing into and around him, and he just gets up and walks away almost unharmed. Try it to some teammates. Don't worry, you won't kill them.

Comment

Working...
                              X