Flares...what's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flares...what's the point?

The AA missiles in BF2 are just broken. I'm sure it's been said 500x over on these boards, but I am not here enough to read every thread, so I miss a lot of what's going on.

I wrote a guide a while back on how to be a good Pilot/Gunner combo in the attack chopper. Now, I don't even want to get in one, not even with the best gunner in BF2. Why?? Cuz I'm gonna get shot down in less than 3 minutes if there is a good pilot in the air. Flares do nearly nothing to decoy a missile from a jet, not to mention that the helo is paper thin now, and you can just chain one down with the plane in no time flat. At least before, the plane would take me down to 1/2 or 1/4 health, and I would have to go repair.

Even with my mediocre skill in a figher, I can now consistently take down helo's with very little effort.

Aircraft still dominate the game. The AA 'improvements' just made it easier to shoot helicopters down, and that's about it. I am a firm believer that in this game, to kill me, you should have to deploy some level of skill to do so. The AA requires NO skill to use, yet it is fairly lethal.

Just my $0.02

/rant off

Re: Flares...what's the point?

The ground AA improvements were needed, the air to air missle improvements were not.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
      The ground AA improvements were needed, the air to air missle improvements were not.
      I agree with that, Stingers on the ground did need a boost, air defenses were weak at best. Airplanes did not need to get any stronger, maybe they didn't, but helo's are sure weaker.

Comment

So I wonder if they make the flares last just a bit longer...would this help balance things out?

It just seems that pilots need a fair change to either bail or find some cover. The way its set up now, you are better of bailing because flares don't do much of anything right now.

Comment

Strega i agree with what you are saying,

I have taken hours upon hours of time on a server i created, to get myself to what i consider a pretty good heli pilot.

So I would expect someone to work HARD to shoot me down, or atleast have to have practised a bit with Anti Tank rockets/AA to shoot a heli down.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
            agreed for the most part.. A2A missiles needed slight improvement, but EA went way too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
              The AA missiles in BF2 are just broken. I'm sure it's been said 500x over on these boards, but I am not here enough to read every thread, so I miss a lot of what's going on.

I wrote a guide a while back on how to be a good Pilot/Gunner combo in the attack chopper. Now, I don't even want to get in one, not even with the best gunner in BF2. Why?? Cuz I'm gonna get shot down in less than 3 minutes if there is a good pilot in the air. Flares do nearly nothing to decoy a missile from a jet, not to mention that the helo is paper thin now, and you can just chain one down with the plane in no time flat. At least before, the plane would take me down to 1/2 or 1/4 health, and I would have to go repair.

Even with my mediocre skill in a figher, I can now consistently take down helo's with very little effort.

Aircraft still dominate the game. The AA 'improvements' just made it easier to shoot helicopters down, and that's about it. I am a firm believer that in this game, to kill me, you should have to deploy some level of skill to do so. The AA requires NO skill to use, yet it is fairly lethal.

Just my $0.02

/rant off

Strega you're the Sh!t. You got a good head on your shoulders, you just need to sip on some more sizurrrrr.

Comment

Working...
              X