X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This article suggest Dice is in fact making BF3: 2142

BF3?
    BF3: 2142

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0 <---original thread, read it and please vote if you like the idea or not.
    I mean someone help me understand something. How can they be making BF3 when BF2 is not complete? BF2 is still missing a fully functional, non beta map editor. Which we never received and, it's been nearly a year later. So how much of a game BF3 will be when that's release...guessing by spring? Lets see for $60 or 80 pounds? What will they think of next, make you pay for the game then make you pay for a 1 year online subscription to enter rank servers?

IS THIS OUR FUTURE from this company? :roll:

Re: This article suggest Dice is in fact making BF3: 2142

Who cares its gonna be a buggy piece of crap thats gonna take months to fix anyway.

Comment

They cant, if its true then they plan to make a game similar to ET:QW which is supposed to come out around the same time. Considering EA/Dice can only make buggy games and they will be up against a game with "Enemy Territory" and "Quake" in its name they wouldn't stand a chance and would end up losing a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Eden
        They cant, if its true then they plan to make a game similar to ET:QW which is supposed to come out around the same time. Considering EA/Dice can only make buggy games and they will be up against a game with "Enemy Territory" and "Quake" in its name they wouldn't stand a chance and would end up losing a lot of money.

true!

Comment

Originally posted by Eden

It would still make money. EA and "losing money" dont go into the same sentence. It would probably come out after QW anyway. And this wouldnt be the first time two games with the same genre came out, just look at the flood of WW2 games that still keep coming.

Comment

(Posible senerio for future PC Game releases) In order to cut cost and become more profitable we are doing away with packaging all together. This means any future PC game released from this company will no longer be sold in stores. All products will be available online for download at a reduced price of $58.99 instead of the $60 price tag. It will take a 3MB download roughly 5 hours to download each PC game, pending errors, bandwidth and availability to download the PC Game as we have limited number of servers. Inwhich we will cut down on server use to reduce overhead...of course! Techanicially, this might incur a slight delay in actually receiving the PC Game after your credit card company is charged the reduce price. However we believe the delay would be the same if you ordered it online for home delievery. Therefore, it is in our best interest to continue this endeavor.
            Do you think this is in our future?

Comment

Have you guys seen this one?

Pretty interesting eh?

Comment

please take the time and vote on how you think about this? The admin of the link forum is known to submit voting polls to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brow
                  Have you guys seen this one?

Pretty interesting eh?
                  Yea good find!!!

Comment

Hmm, I have to question whether I would buy this game or not, if it is true. DICE's track record keeps going downhill, we really should take a stand and not accept poor products.

Anyway, appart from that, games set in the future don't really interest me that much. I would prefer them to do a Battlefield 3 set a few years on from BF2, or back to WW2 with a new graphics engine.

Comment

If its going to be futuristic then it will be in direct competition with enemy territory quake wars. And i believe that quake wars will come out on top just because its developers 'seem' to value us gamers opinions more. Just look at enemy territory and youll see what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
                        Yea good find!!!
                        Thanks man. Its actually the obvious that ppl keep missing...just wanted to point that out.

We know there is going to be a bf3, but that domain does say much on exactly what it is going to be about.

For all we know, it could be gang and mafia wars.

Comment

Wasn't there a video about it if I'm not mistaken. From the video it seemed kickass and I know two guys who are closed beta testing it. They say it's gonna be sweet so I'm buying for sure bugs or not.

Comment

Lord, no! Please, no!

This is not Battlefield! I could careless to play futuristic war game, they seem to all be just kill fests, no skill involved. Games like that I hate. The Battlefield series is about real guns, real vehicals, and real tactics.

I have loved every Battlefield product I have ever owned, and so has my clan. But I don't want to be shooting lasers and dodgeing EMP grenages that fry my suit.

HL2 is about as far into the future I like my games to go. Anything farther inot the future or on diffrent planets/ships, thats not a place for FPS IMO.

Please DICE/EA make just one more modern warfare game for us...

:cry:

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm noting going to buy it, but its not really what I liked about the Battlefield games.

Comment

Seriously, I am a die-hard fan of the Battlefield Series. From the Battlefield 1942 Tobruk demo into Wake into all that followed, but a futuristic Battlefield will likely be the end for me. I refuse to play anything SF or futuristic.

Comment

Working...
                              X