This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Whiners

BF2 used to be one of the BEST FPS games on the market. It was extremely FLUID in which it felt like you could move and react to what was going on around you to get the job done.

So what happens? People whine about stupid things (dolphine diving? Honestly i never seen people use it especially to the extents some whiners complained. LEARN TO JOIN AN ADMINED SERVER PEOPLE!!!!).

Now? Movement sucks, you feel like diving down will now punish you, the fluid action of BF2 is RUINED to an extent i might as well be playing an RPG, its horrid. This isnt even getting into the critical loss of range on grenades medpacks and more.

*Goes off to reinstall the BF2 DEMO
    *Goes off to reinstall the BF2 Patch 1.12

Sorry, this game is just annoying to play now. Ive seen MMO's totally fubar a game, but an FPS? Thats amazing.

PS Forgot to mention flight = flying coffin GG. You freaking noobs who have ZERO skill whined and got your wish. Enjoy your ****ty 1.2 patch.

Misc other notes: Besides the horrid lag, objects and pathing is totally screwed up. Projecticle weapons go right through vehicles and it seems accuracy on weapons is overally reduced. Point blank 3 rounds of burth with the US Assault rifle and hes left standing.

FPS are supposed to be FLUID, i agree issues existed, but there are MUCH better ways of solving them than with this half-assed attempt.

RANT OFF.

Re: Thank you Whiners

Originally posted by SlakTSP
    *Goes off to reinstall the BF2 DEMO
    *Goes off to reinstall the BF2 Patch 1.12
    Demo? You didn't even buy the game and you have the balls to complain?:laugh:

Comment

Learn to read. REINSTALL. The demo at least provides 64 man servers with FPS like quality gameplay.

Im ****ed becuase i havent had the chance to play BF2 for a long time due to work and just bought Spec-ops to find they totally fubared the game. Hell I could use the extra HD space that BF2 currently takes up.

PS Look me up on BF2 stats.com Ive been playing a while.

PPS If your going to make a smart-ass joke atleast try to be "smart" about it.

Comment

Exploiters ruin games. They always have. They force changes that hurt everyone. It just happens and there is nothing you can do about it. Some people cannot play without exploiting which naturally forces the ones in control to "control" it.

Comment

I was all for the increased prone time, but it does seem kind of ackward, now that you mention it. Well, not really getting down so much as getting up.

Comment

The jets are still extremely formidable...NOW they require real skill to operate without dying.

Therefore we can conclude that it is YOU that is the noob...in the air at least.

Have fun with the floppers...

Comment

Me a noob in the air? Sorry i dont plane spawn. That said and as I mentioned Ive been playing medic more and more. Being able to prone and move was what made me survive. Now its just welll... aweful.

And as for whose a noob, only noobs die to jets in the air. Heres a hint, if your all alone capping a flag in a vehicle (noob move number 1) RIGHT ON TOP of the flag (noob move #2) then you deserve to die. Otherwise Air acts as a great ANTI ARMOR movemetn, and GOOD pilots before were what sides needed to keep the air down.

Hell I could go 3 v 1 while in the air and pick pilots off one by one without taking a single hit. Oh, and i used the MACHINE GUN to shoot, not the missiles like Joe Noob (aka YOU).

Get skill before you QQ.

PS Heli's were free points before by GOOD pilots who could AIM and people smart enough to fire with machine guns (from humvees) at Helos. Hell the ANTI HELO unit was DEVASTATING against helo's in the right hands. Now its just HURHUR! I CAN SPAM MISSILES! GOGOGOGo iRl33tz0r.

Comment

I too wish they would have just made your accuracy go crazy when you fired and jumped, the tweaks to the nade launcher were all that were needed (delay on detonation and the bounce, reduced explosive damage radius). I miss the old way of throwing grenades and the ability to toss a mine/c4/medpac etc. the extra delay between tossing a c4 pack and detonating it is good enough to fix the problem of people using it as a hand grenade, you cant even toss it over a fence now.

The AA needed to be fixed but did they have to hit all the choppers with the nerf hammer too?

everyone is going sniper now because they're crazy accurate, along with the PKM, your only chance now it seems is to whore armor and spawnkill.

Sniperfield 2

Fun factor--

Comment

If you don't like it then leave, I guarantee you will not be missed.

Comment

SlakTSP, you are for some reason blaming the people who complained about exploiters, instead of the exploiters themselves. If it weren't an actual problem, DICE wouldn't have paid much attention to it. It might be a relatively small problem, but still an exploit.

I disagree with you on the prone/gettin up issue. It was just stupid before the patch, how you could just prone at the first sign of an enemy, shoot them in the head and then just pop back up. Now, you're more likely to crouch, as it should be. There always need to be balance. You either stand up and be fairly inaccurate, crouch and gain some accuracy and lose some reaction time or go prone with yet another gain in accuracy and loss in reaction time.

The game speed might have gone slightly down but I can't say I've noticed much. People still recklessly run around without any fear of getting shot by a sniper or a support guy. Grenades fly far enough without having to do the sprint/jump throw and I don't see why you should be able to throw medipacks any further. By the way, The US assault rifle does 30 points of damage so 3 rounds has never been able to kill anyone at full health.

The amount of snipers and support players has drastically been reduced from right after the patch came out, as people stop trying out the fancy new upgrades and start playing the old classes. Support players are not even that effective outside the urban maps and snipers are the way they're supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by pickled pizza
                      Yep thats why this thread List Names Against Patch
                      http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....386392&#386392

Has almost 140 sigs

Whiel this thread Names Supporting PAtch
                      http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....392154&#392154

Only has 18 and is falling off the face of the front page and has double posts to boot.

I wont be missed? You might not miss me, but i bet EA sure is going to miss all of our money when their Euro Pack sales suck.

BUT I do thank EA for releasing this patch BEFORE Euro, saved me some money.

Comment

I played everything evenly, helo, medic, support, sniper, spec op... I was so a good gunner... But then EA decided to make the AA WAY more pwoerful than it needed it to be. Hell, if you just get a lock tone fire away, you'll kill always. For DD, I NEVER SAW A ****ING PERSON DO THAT! Now, I cant use support or medic. Thanks for killing the teamwork, whiners.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Kosonen
                          SlakTSP, you are for some reason blaming the people who complained about exploiters, instead of the exploiters themselves. If it weren't an actual problem, DICE wouldn't have paid much attention to it. It might be a relatively small problem, but still an exploit.
                          Which is why servers have admins. They are there to enforce the game. If you played on a crappy server who's fault is that? Once more ive never seen someone dive to the ground BEFORE I had time to react. If anything it was what would save me the .2 crucial seconds to rez my buddies so i wouldnt get shot.

I disagree with you on the prone/gettin up issue. It was just stupid before the patch, how you could just prone at the first sign of an enemy, shoot them in the head and then just pop back up. Now, you're more likely to crouch, as it should be. There always need to be balance. You either stand up and be fairly inaccurate, crouch and gain some accuracy and lose some reaction time or go prone with yet another gain in accuracy and loss in reaction time.
                          Do you just sit on your computer all day? Ever here of a thing called up down? Basically fall to the ground and come back up. Other times you run fall and get back up, and this is in full football gear. Its not much different for people in the field becuase you bet your sweet ass youd get up ASAP and not walk it when you are under fire.

The game speed might have gone slightly down but I can't say I've noticed much. People still recklessly run around without any fear of getting shot by a sniper or a support guy. Grenades fly far enough without having to do the sprint/jump throw and I don't see why you should be able to throw medipacks any further. By the way, The US assault rifle does 30 points of damage so 3 rounds has never been able to kill anyone at full health.
                          Heh excuse me and my 120 hours logged as assualt but i know i difference when i see it. The grenade launcher is pretty much useless as its sole advantage was as an anti-humvee weapon and anti cluster noob weapon. Now its just crap compared to the G3

The amount of snipers and support players has drastically been reduced from right after the patch came out, as people stop trying out the fancy new upgrades and start playing the old classes. Support players are not even that effective outside the urban maps and snipers are the way they're supposed to be.
                          Haha you cant be serious right? Snipers were awesome in the hands of SKILLED players before the patch. Hell I actually capped a flag w/ my sniper by only using claymores, and my pistol. Now the buffs? No skill required.

Comment

Originally posted by SlakTSP
                            Me a noob in the air? ... And as for whose a noob, only noobs die to jets in the air. ... Oh, and i used the MACHINE GUN to shoot, not the missiles like Joe Noob (aka YOU). ... Get skill before you QQ.
                            I find this hilarious, Joe Noob, hahah... I don't have anything to say about the actual issue. If the forum was only full of people like this, it definetly wouldn't be why we are all here.

There are a lot of smart, helpful people on this forum. Lots of people who just want to play battlefield, and learn more about it from others. I don't think forums should degenerate to name calling; as soon as it gets to that then your just getting off point and personal rivalries get in the way of why you initially get here. It comes down to maturity.

That aside, this post was particularly funny. I love lame calls, which in this case were serious. HAHA oh lordy lordy

Comment

Originally posted by pickled pizza
                              Sometimes I think the best part about the patch is that it will drive some people away, and you're right they won't be missed. EA will somehow survive without your $9.99 from EU.

Comment

Working...
                              X