Dolphin Diving 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphin Diving 1.2

Do you consider these actions as Dolphin Diving and exploit of the game?

#1 Jump, Prone, Fire
    #2 Jump, Crouch, Prone, Fire, Crouch
    #3 Jump, Prone, Fire, Crouch
    #4 "The Worm"- Prone, Crouch, Prone, Crouch, ....

any other motions....

Reason I am doing a poll is DD is banned from our tournament, and I wanted to get a BF2 community's view on this.

Originally posted by BF2C ROE
    18...DOLPHIN DIVING

Dolphin Diving, which is the motion of jumping and moving forward while in the prone position, appearing to be levitating in a horizontal position, is banned from BF2C.

Re: Dolphin Diving 1.2

I consider people being prone in midair as an exploit

Everything else is fine with me...or was.

Comment

I like the worm. Those aren't really dolphin diving. If you macro those into a combo, I think you could have something that would qualify as dolphin diving.

Comment

1&2 are just acceptable i think, but 3&4 are not, number 4 is just ridiculous.

Comment

The server i play on kicks or would kick for dolphin diving if it still exsisted. I have yet to see someone do it in 1.2.

Comment

Why in the world are those exploits if everyone in the entire game has the ability to do those maneuvers? Everyone has the ability to have the same weapons, the same movement, the same everything.
            This is the word exploit defined:

Use or manipulate to one's advantage.To draw from; make good use of.

SO if someone by definition makes good use of a tank, that would be an exploit? If someone can fly a jet and you can't, that is also an exploit? What people decide to do in game is and always has been available to all up until the new patch, it was your conscious decision to do or not do certain things. If you didn't like it, you could leave the server and find a new one. If you had admin, then you could kick and ban.

Comment

I shot more dolphins down then Bunnys,
              so no is my answer

Comment

Forgot this portion of the definition: "To make use of selfishly or unethically."

Exploiting in a game is taking advantage of flaws. The dolphin diving and bunny hopping aren't really exploits, but are defined within the community as them. They deviate too much from the normal gameplay or something. I would call the jet whoring more of an exploit than dolphin diving.

Comment

YES IF EVERY ONE CAN DO IT THEN ITS FAIR GAME. its not like their isa bug that enables one player to blow up a nuke in the game, that i would consider unfair and probally explioting the game

Comment

at the end of the day with the new patch EA have already removed the ability to shoot whilst jumping so i don't see a problem.

Afterall surely advanceing then going prone to shoot at a enemy/give your advancing team mate cover, as depicted, to be normal bf2 gameplay is it not?

Comment

To be honest, the game permitted it but I just feel it doesn't belong. I like to play a bit more tactfully. Stuff like that and bunny hopping just took away from the game I think. However, just jumping then proning to take cover is perfectly legit in my book. I hate the delay for diving now, wish it was only when you got up or something but oh well.

Comment

Yeah now everyone can see it... like I said leave it up to the BF2 community to figure out some gay ****...

I still will never understand what makes people think of ways.. Do they just be going in-game and looking for gay **** to do? I mean when I'm playing I aint thinking of gay ways to get kills or points.. People who do must suck ass....

Comment

The only thing that would truly bother me would be seeing #4...but honestly, none of them are really hovering in mid air, prone, and firing.

Comment

Rofl at the worm, brilliant.

Dolphin diving isnt an exploit and neither are any of these, your not using a bug for your advantage. Yes dolphin diving was lame, I still did it, lameness doesnt stop base rapers nade spammers c4 chuckers etc.

Comment

its not an exploit at all, exploit is making the game do something which it was never meant to do, for instance if u could so something so u never have to reload or if if you could make a tank fly somehow. Jumping, proning and crouching were all meant to be in the game and doing them in sequence is ok too.

Although i would suggest that the last action in that video is dolphin diving, and if thats banned and he did it he proly cant complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X