Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen Shots of Patch Errors. Need HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Shots of Patch Errors. Need HELP!!!

I had no problems playing either game until I tried to install the new patch. I have completely uninstalled BF2 and SPecial Forces and tried to start fresh. Everytime I get an error. I have over 40 gig of free space so thats not the problem.

This is what happens when I use EA downloader

This is what happens when I try the copy the patch files into the bf2 folder workaround.

and

Re: Screen Shots of Patch Errors. Need HELP!!!

Could you just try to download the patch from the EA ftp site and not use the EA Downloader?

Comment

what is ur resulation that is HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
        Could you just try to download the patch from the EA ftp site and not use the EA Downloader?
        I did try that and ended up at the same point, I also downloaded from another site just to be sure it wasnt something getting lost from EA.

I am just astonished at these problems. It makes no sense.

Oh and my res is 1024x768

Comment

did you look at your xp event viewer? it might show more of what the error was.

right click on 'my computer' > manage > event viewer > logs
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            did you look at your xp event viewer? it might show more of what the error was.

right click on 'my computer' > manage > event viewer > logs
            That seems like a good bet. What would you look for in that? When I first installed the 1.12->1.2 incremental, BF2 would just CTD atfer displaying the initial BF2 images and flashing to black once. I had to reinstall, then patch.

I didn't have my SF cd, so later when I installed SF - it forced a 1.1 patch to overwrite the 1.2 patch - bringing down the house of cards. Remeber to install SF before 1.2 patching to save a lot of time.

I'm surprised no one else has reported this since 69Stangs machine has been stable for so long with BF2.

Could there be any residual registry information left after uninstall that could make the same problem happen with each new install?

Comment

Sounds to me like you've got exactly the same problem as me, dude. Unfortunately, I never found a cure. I've spoken to EA, and they've just copied and pasted the same **** from their FAQ, and that's bloody useless. Their customer service skills are about as appauling as G0atse.

Anywho, I did fix it... by swapping my PC (where it wouldn't work, even after 4 full restores, 12 uninstall/reinstalls) with my brother's, as it worked on there. Of course, he didn't know about this. 'Til he got home.

Anyways, I'm sorry about the trouble you're having mate, and I know how it feels - I was once in the same boat. All I can recommend is to uninstall everything BF2 related. Then, go to "Start" > "Run", and type "regedit" (without the quotation marks). Now, if it's the same problem as me, you'll find your usual BF2 directory, and the patch will be under something like "My Company Name". Get rid of both of this after you've uninstalled them. Then do a search of your PC for anything BF2 and delete it, including the Battlefield 2 folder in "My documents" if you haven't deleted it during uninstall.

Sorry, this all I can suggest! Let me know how it goes.

P.S: Don't start deleting stuff in Regedit if you do not know what it does!.

Comment

I am probably going to re-format the drive and try again after that. I usually re-format once a year anyway.

Comment

well i have the same problem my error ocurrs at 5X% of the objects_client.zip and i used the ES trpbleshotting and yes apears to be copy paste but i read something interesting--- try instaling in safe mode yeah my patch failed but advanced more.. maybe my patch is corrupt you should try that

Comment

It;s hard to believe that they wouldn't try to help with this problem. I guess they just don't want to admit there is something that some users experience. It's not like patching takes any skill.

Has this problem been posted by anyone on an EA support forum?

Comment

Here pal, i had the exact same problem. Heres what i did:
                      -Uninstall Bf2/special forces
                      -do a file search and delete anything that has do with bf2
                      -after every things deleted, install bf2 and then special forces
                      -after both games are installed, install the patch normally

i had that "patching failed" problem for so long, but i guess completely wiping your system clean of bf2 then reinstalling the game and the patch makes it work. If doing this doesnt do anything, your either gonna have to re-format your comp or get a different PC.

Comment

What all did you search for?

Comment

Originally posted by 69stang
                          What all did you search for?
                          After uninstalling the game I did a file/folder search using the keyword "battlefield 2". I deleted everything that showed up. Even though you uninstall it, some things still stay for whatever reason.

Comment

I want to throw something right now. SO I go through the trouble of re-formating and re-installing and I still have problems. I got BF2 loaded and was able to log in with no problems. Keep in mind this is bf2 with NO patches what so ever. I tried to install the full patch. I get the error "Cannot find install folder for Battlefield 2". WTF!?!?! But wait it gets better. I download the EA downloader to install when I try to install it I get the error (with a big red x) "CORE!". Thats it thats all it says.

ANyone got any ideads on this new crop of crap I am dealing with now?

Comment

anyone, anyone...bueller?

Comment

Working...
                              X