BF 1.2 patch failed corrupted game now BF2 won't re-install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF 1.2 patch failed corrupted game now BF2 won't re-install

Ok, it seems I've had the fairly common problem of the BF2 1.2 patch hosing my game up and I haven't found any legible posts anywhere in the last two days with this (exact) problem.

System specs:
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    1.310 GB of RAM
    GeForce 6600 GT Vid card
    120GB HDD w/ 7ish GB free
    Onboard AC 97 sound (I have crappy speakers anyways)

*The game worked great prior to this fiasco*

Anyways, as I said in the topic I d/l'd and installed the 1.2 incremental patch from 1.12 which failed (looks lik it was corrupt maybe). I d/l'd and installed the 1.2 full patch directly from EA (14 hours worth of it) hoping it would fix whatever the other one messed up...it didn't. Ok, back to the drawing board. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the game from the CDs. It told me the install failed please try again. I did...a few times...it still didn't work. It seems to be getting hung up on CD2 while it is trying to install ".......\Zatar wetlands\client.zip"

Ok, I figure at this point that my CD is hosed and I try to copy all of the CDs directly to the HDD which works for everything but data3.cab which gives me a data error (cyclic redundancy check). I try to copy it over to my other networked computer with the same error. Ok, now I'm SURE my CD 2 is messed up. Borrow a friends CD 2. Same error and it won't copy data3.cab to the HDD on either computer either.

I went through and tried the manual uninstall process listed on http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15912 with the exact same results afterward. Talked to a few ppl that knew a little bit more about computers than I do and they said quirky RAM can cause a siilar problem. Swapped the sticks around took some out added others etc. with...the same result.

This is really starting to **** me off, logging on to BF2 after work tends to release a bit of stress and if I can't get it working again soon I might have to result to kicking my wife's dog or something (j/k...I think).

Help and I promise I won't kill any helicopters for a week!

Re: BF 1.2 patch failed corrupted game now BF2 won't re-install

Uninstall BF2 completely and delete it's folders, reinstall after that (BF2 and then straight to 1.2). This should really fix it.

Comment

It doesn't! =( I always get patching failed. Plus, it's odd, when I open the temp folder to find the 1.2 files, copy them over, There's no file called Patch.exe. Help! Please!

Comment

I deleted all files/folders associated with battlefield, checked my games folder (where I usually install my games) Program Files/EA Games and went thru the walk thru posted in the link above to clear out the registery. Just to be sure I did a file search for battlefield and bf2 and bf (that one took a while) and killed everything except for the cookie to this forum. Still no luck. This sucks, I was looking forward to some of the stuff listed in the patches, I love to kill helos.

Comment

Im having the exact same problem.

Comment

Me too!
            This is messed up. Uninstalled/reinstalled to get rid of the stupid unmodified content crap and now the patches fail. When I do get the patches to work after some annoying persistence, the game gets to the map loading screen and crashes to desktop.

EA= Electronic Arse.

Comment

Working...
            X