Lookin for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for opinions

Want to upgrade my vid card from an ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB AGP, to a ATI All-In-Wonder X800XT 256MB AGP, will there be a noticable boost in performance? It's gonna cost a lil over $300, I'm just throwin it out there to see if anybody has any advice.

Re: Lookin for opinions

What are the rest of your specs? If you have an A64 I would reccomend the Evga 7800GT bundle.

Comment

shoulda put this in original post:
      AMD Athlon 64 3200+, ~2.2GHZ
      1024 MB RAM
      Radeon 9600xt 128MB
      Windows XP
      onboard motherboard sound card

Comment

I was doing some research for a problem I am having and came across this site.

Guru3D.com - Your go-to source for tech news, reviews, and in-depth analysis of graphics cards, processors, motherboards, gaming hardware, and software from companies like AMD (Radeon) Intel (Core) and NVIDIA (GeForce). Stay updated with the latest trends and innovations in the world of technology .

These guys have about as much real world information as any site I have ever seen about computers and gaming, graphics cards and that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MatanuskaThunder
          shoulda put this in original post:
          AMD Athlon 64 3200+, ~2.2GHZ
          1024 MB RAM
          Radeon 9600xt 128MB
          Windows XP
          onboard motherboard sound card
          If you can spend the money I'd get the EVGA bundle deal, it's a SLI MOBO and 7800GT for about $380.

Comment

If you don't want to fully upgrade your motherboard to PCI-express, go for the Nvidia 7800GS. It is the last Nvidia AGP graphics card, and its reasonably priced at $300. I haven't looked at the benchmarks yet, but it should outperform the ATI card you mentioned. Check it out:

Comment

id get a 7800gs there very good i hear!

Comment

Working...
              X