Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DICE guys have to get back to school.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DICE guys have to get back to school.

As requirement for the MAJOR GENERAL , you need to have all expert vehicle badges before reaching 180.000 points

If you count up all the hours for getting the vehicle badges, you get the number of 1410 h , this is 84600 min ,

If you want to get the MAJOR GENERAL you must spend 84600 min or 1410h in certain vehicles , so your absolute min global playtime will be 1410h if you didn't got killed once ever and if you got in the vehicle you wanted the moment you start playing till you stop .

But for reaching these time requirements for the vehicles before reaching 180.000 points, you max score a min may only be 2.1 .

Now, for someone who spends all the time in vehicles, and doing all those hours in vehicles without getting killed once, and only getting a 2.1 score/min , well, these people just don't run around in the game ,

and actualy , people who are going to have all the vehicle expert bedges, will get killed , will not be able to take the vehicles they want, etc... and probably end up with around 2000h playtime , meaning they only should have 1.5 points a min , wich is even more absurd .

This actualy is the proof the guys at dice don't understand there own game they made, they can't calculate, or just change things without thinking and checking some things .

Another thing I want to point out , what where they thinking with adding those high ranks and there requirements , all the guys over 180.000 points, the actual top players (exept some padders) aren't able to get those ranks anymore because they are over the 180.000 points already

Why make ranks who are impossible for anybody to reach ?

Re: The DICE guys have to get back to school.

good points

Comment

good lord...who cares?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
        good lord...who cares?!?!?!
        Really, they are just friggin' ranks! You'll have all the darn unlocks by then?

Gosh.. do you play this game specifically for the ranking system? Doesn't that get annoying? Isn't that like a chore? ...try just playing for the thrill of winning a round, or working with a squad.

Dang... you scare me.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Some of us do care.
          Getting badges is fun. It sets tasks and you try to overcome them.

The poster pointed out that it would take an incredible amount of time to accomplish that task.

No need to go hostile on him.

Comment

Even if they are just ranks in a video game, programming a rank that's impossible to get is just laughable. It's like the Aviator Ribbon for the Special Forces expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by unlimitedmp
              Getting badges is fun.
              ...this scares me. It's like the "Anti-Teamplay" mentality.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                ...this scares me. It's like the "Anti-Teamplay" mentality.

{WP}Paas
                Badges add needed variation to the gameplay. Especially for people like myself were if i find myself on a server with crappy team work cos i'm clanless *cough cough hint hint* then going for badges ribbons etc is reasonable.

Comment

Rombaft you ****ing idiot.

If you'll take the time to read the fine print, you'll see that it clearly states that the rank of Major-General was created for the sole purpose of accomidating the only person who can achieve such a feat: Chuck Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by |^|wulf
                    Rombaft you ****ing idiot.

If you'll take the time to read the fine print, you'll see that it clearly states that the rank of Major-General was created for the sole purpose of accomidating the only person who can achieve such a feat: Chuck Norris.
                    Chuck Norris doesn't need vehicles; hence, he wouldn't earn the rank either. ;p

Comment

now, this topic isn't about caring about ranks , it's more about the fact DICE changes and adds stuff, wich if you think about it are totaly impossible , wich means they don't understand there own game or people who play the game, this is the point of this thread .

If it's the case with the ranks, it's also the case with other things, be shure of that !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
                        Badges add needed variation to the gameplay. Especially for people like myself were if i find myself on a server with crappy team work cos i'm clanless *cough cough hint hint* then going for badges ribbons etc is reasonable.
                        ...ever occured to you that it coulc be this attitude that's keeping you clanless? Not to say it's by any means, no, I would never. Just a question?

{WP}Paas

Comment

Many of the badges ribbons anyway require teamwork points, so surely they can't be counted as selfish play.

Perhaps you need to sit on the other side of the fence a while (presuming that you're in a clan) as for many players teamplay is not always an option.

As for the clan comment don't take it too seriously, i can't see myself ever joining one as i can't be arsed paying server fee's etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullit_toof
                            Many of the badges ribbons anyway require teamwork points, so surely they can't be counted as selfish play.

Perhaps you need to sit on the other side of the fence a while (presuming that you're in a clan) as for many players teamplay is not always an option.

As for the clan comment don't take it too seriously, i can't see myself ever joining one as i can't be arsed paying server fee's etc.
                            Should join a "Unit", by my definition of course.

Clan = Rabble of idiots who run around with more than 50+ individuals... basically, you allow anyone in who's willing to pay the 5 bucks a head to support your servers.

Unit = Group of adults who form a fuctional fighting force, and play with a level of class and maturity rarely found in Clans. Doesn't exceed over 25 heads.

...just my definitions of the two. No "academic" backing whatsoever.

Also. I play individually a lot. Usually, my commanding tone and "No B.S." stance on my squad gets me the results I want. So not being in a Unit is no excuse. You just have to weed through the public flow and find somthing you can work with; or on the flip side, be willing to bossed around.

Also. Yes, regardless of them requiring teamwork points. Let's see what gets those points, "Suicidal Medics, Idiotic Support Resupply nuts, Suicide SF Asset Destroyers, etc. etc."

{WP}Paas

Comment

Keep in mind the game is not even a year old. THey expect to have people playing for the next couple of years, that is how you build your time and stats up. You are not going to hit the high ranks that have time requirements within a year, unless you quit your job, move in with your parents and play 12 hours a day. There is such a thing as "long term" gaming. Common sense people.
                              That was the original idea behind the stats when the game was released. Everyone cried that it was too difficult and consuming, so they lowered it so that if you play in a month you could get !st Sgt. They took a great game and dumbed it down way too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X