Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there only bad things in the 1.2 ?

Hi
    Im gonna install the patch soon, meanwhile, I've heard alot of bad things in the 1.2.

So I would like a list of GOOD things in the new patch 'cause I didnt learn anything good in the new patch features. So I would like to read some good enws instead of "IT sucks" , "I hate you DICE!!" or "This is ****"

Re: Is there only bad things in the 1.2 ?

The G3 change was good.

Everything else was crap including what they did to prevent dolphin diving and bunnyhopping.

I never did either but now I can't stand up when I want to and im sick of not being able to fire my gun in midair.

Comment

I love support but like everything else i think they have gone too far with improving it. Not much to like in the patch although there is some great comedy coming from the whole calamity. Its great like that.

Comment

The support weps are too accurate now, they were fine before.

Comment

Well the good things include:

* Sniper rifles are no longer a joke (like the Type 94 japanese pistol that could be fired by pressing too hard on the safety). Snipers no longer have to worry about the G36c at close/medium range.
          * AA missiles work VERY VERY well. Aircraft have almost NO chance of dominating (till the patch came out, I have NEVER in any game killed more than one aircraft/helo with AA ~ post patch I average half dozen kills per ~ also its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 guys hovering around the AA trying to get a shot with it ~ before no one would even bother, even if they were next to it)
          * G3 has the accuracy that it should
          * All support weapons are UBER accurate now. Being a sniper on some maps can sometimes mean that your biggest enemy is support.
          * Something intresting to note is that tanks are meant to be used by Engineers now. A single enemy engineer can stop a whole caravan of armor with a mine. Since the mine can no longer be destroyed with expolsives, it actually requires an engineer to get out an diffuse it (thus if your a lone tank, you should probably be engineer).

I'll be honest, as much as I hate the fact that I can't chuck C4, the game has in fact become a totally new game. It now revolves solely around infantry.

But it still doesn't stop me from saying that EA/DICE should NEVER again try to make there own engine. They should simply license a more stable engine from other developers.

Comment

no, there are some bad things, but there are offcourse some good things

- all sniper have better acuracy and can now be used as snipers.
            -suppoort weapons have better acuracy, maybe a bit to acurate, but they are finaly usefull
            - G3 has become UBER , more acuracy there
            - night vision in SF is truly better

Comment

I would like to add to C4Whores comment.
              -No more bunny hoppers so its more real because you cant fire while in the air.
              -You can throw gernades farther (maybe good or bad)
              -MP5 and other standard anti tank guns work better now so you can actually hit something.
              - More ranks added so it doesnt take 150 000 points to go up a rank from the 2nd last one.

THE BAD
              -People that relied on C4 chucking tubing and jumping are now nerfed so its hard. Im not saying there noob its just if you reply on it you can be found in pickle I myself relied on hopping to have more sprint but I cant now which sucks but im getting use to it

~Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by VeNoM:[AK]
                I would like to add to C4Whores comment.
                -No more bunny hoppers so its more real because you cant fire while in the air.
                -You can throw gernades farther (maybe good or bad)
                -MP5 and other standard anti tank guns work better now so you can actually hit something.

THE BAD
                -People that relied on C4 chucking tubing and jumping are now nerfed so its hard. Im not saying there noob its just if you reply on it you can be found in pickle I myself relied on hopping to have more sprint but I cant now which sucks but im getting use to it

~Sorry for any spelling mistakes
                Ya I know what you mean, I relied on hoping to get around the map a bit faster. Not really to avoid enemys.

Comment

If you think bunny hopping is out of the game, you are deluding yourself.

I can bunny hop my enemies to death juuuust fine, without any hacks or cheats, even against the mighty support cannons.

Comment

the patch is fantastic it's just the pilots coming on these forums posting a whole lot of whiny rants and the people with negative **** to say about it are always gonna be louder than the ones that are busy enjoying the game.

Comment

Ignore everything that every person has said on this board and others about the patch.

Seriously. Go into this patch with your own thoughts and opinions, unspoiled by the fanboys and whiners, and make your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic

I can bunny hop my enemies to death juuuust fine, without any hacks or cheats, even against the mighty support cannons.
                        I meant when your out of energy. I would commonly run for as long as possible, and then bunny hop the rest of the way there.

Now bunny hopping with little to no energy is useless.

Comment

everything is good except for not being able to fire while jumping

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic

I have yet to see anyone use bunny hopping effectively under the new mechanics. I've seen plenty of people try to bunny hop, but they've all met the same fate. Lead injection. Blood. Crying for their medic/mommie.

Not saying that it can't be effective... I just haven't seen it.
                            Originally posted by HABO3
                            the patch is fantastic it's just the pilots coming on these forums posting a whole lot of whiny rants and the people with negative **** to say about it are always gonna be louder than the ones that are busy enjoying the game.
                            Agree.
                            There's a couple minor issues that need some adressing, but on the whole I feel like I'm finally playing BF2 instead of UT:Modern Combat.

As for the improved AA, I'm really sick of the whine-tards. If I can fly ANY aircraft (chopper or plane) with success, so can you. I'm not that hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                              I have yet to see anyone use bunny hopping effectively under the new mechanics. I've seen plenty of people try to bunny hop, but they've all met the same fate. Lead injection. Blood. Crying for their medic/mommie.

Not saying that it can't be effective... I just haven't seen it.
                              Agree.
                              There's a couple minor issues that need some adressing, but on the whole I feel like I'm finally playing BF2 instead of UT:Modern Combat.

As for the improved AA, I'm really sick of the whine-tards. If I can fly ANY aircraft (chopper or plane) with success, so can you. I'm not that hot.
                              Bunnyhopping is still working the same for me, to avoid getting hit, apcs are the biggets issue still of course but anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X