Offical Tips & Tricks To Avoid AA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Tips & Tricks To Avoid AA Thread

Okay people, with the new patch 1.2 out, many pilots will have to improvise new ways to avoid AA. So post yours so we can all benefit from them. Please don't post such things as: "if you can't dodge the missiles then your not a pilot to begin with". And no flaming please!

Here is mine: if your in a attack helo alone simply switch to the co-gunner position to avoid missiles, as when ur co-gunning, u dont have any heat signature, same thing goes for bombers. (ONLY IF UR ALONE THAT IS)

Now post yours!

Re: Offical Tips & Tricks To Avoid AA Thread

Originally posted by Magical Poop
    Here is mine: if your in a attack helo alone simply switch to the co-gunner position to avoid missiles, as when ur co-gunning, u dont have any heat signature, same thing goes for bombers. (ONLY IF UR ALONE THAT IS)
    Genius! So simple and so effective.

I am sooo stupid.

I always wondered why AA missiles would miss me when I switched to guide TV missile, even if I heard lockon sound moment before I switched seats (I always contibuted it to pure luck). Never thought about not having heat signature when in gunner seat.

It was too simple to be thought off, argh

Comment

Hmm good idea...kinda hard to do when you are trying to make a missile shooting run tho...

Comment

Doesn't help those of us who actually LIKE to fly an attack chopper as a two-man team and enjoy the fun of evading AA the REAL way

Comment

Protip: Reinstall BF2 and only patch it up to 1.12, all AA missile problems will be resolved.

Comment

would be cool if all of the plane whores and c4 chuckers would all revert to v1.12 and play on their own servers.

wishful thinking...

Comment

1 - Don't go near AA
              2 - Shoot the AA

Comment

I agree Talus, Its too early to know if I like the patch or not. All I can tell so far is Ive seen 3 jets shot down in air to air combat since the patch. Before the patch I had only saw 1 shot down in air to air combat. It might be a good patch after all. . . . .Red

Tip for pilots, You guys might want to learn how military pilots avoid AA.

Comment

Unapplicable here as missiles in real life don't take NINETY DEGREE TURNS INSTANTLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                    I agree Talus, Its too early to know if I like the patch or not. All I can tell so far is Ive seen 3 jets shot down in air to air combat since the patch. Before the patch I had only saw 1 shot down in air to air combat. It might be a good patch after all. . . . .Red

Air to Air combat is where the pilots are angry. Sure it may be more realistic, but it destroys the aspect of skill.

And if you want to go into real life technology, I should be able to destroy targets deep in the fog across the map and have a radar etc etc.

This is not real life, we want the competitive nature back in the Air to Air combat.

Comment

Just stay away from the USS Essex, fly high, try and take out the AA use the flares spareingly, hide behind builds and the hills.

Comment

Working...
                      X