Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.2 trouble

Anyone got any idea what would cause this

BF2 ran well on this computer until the 1.2 patch, after the patch it plays in slow motion and the buildings in Karkand are not in the game! I have not tried any other maps because the game is unplayable. I tried redownloading the patch uninstalling and reinstalling ------- same thing

Re: 1.2 trouble

The patch is sooooo buggy....I can't offer any help...other than to try repatching....

Comment

On one of the previous patches I had to adjust my video settings to force it to re-optimize shaders to make it run smooth. Then change the settings back.

Comment

Yikes. The only problem I had was forgetting to reboot after installing.

You probably need to remove/reinstall.

Comment

I didn't have any issue at all with the patch... nor has any of my buddies (a couple of whom had problems with previous patches).

A couple things to bare in mind... Make sure most of your background apps are CLOSED during install. This includes MSN, webbrowsers, Winamp/mediaplayer, Virus scanners, and just about everything else.

Make sure you have the latest video drivers. Even if you do, the problems with your buildings not being drawn could mean something's gone corrupt. re-install 'em.

If nothing else works, re-install the whole game and use the full patch.

Comment

my uncle is having the exact same problem. when he gets in the game, its like playing in slo motion. hopefully somebody comes out with a quick fix.

Comment

the reason it is unplayable is most likely the settings are too high. when i put the patch in, it set everything to medium. i lowered everything to minimum, yet it still played at medium. so i went into the file which holds the settings (my documents\battlefield2\profile\0001\video.con). it should show everything at the settings you set ingame, then click save and it should fix itself.

Comment

tried checking out the files and everything was low... why, why me lol. i hope i can play again soon.

Comment

moved to support.

Comment

I have this same problem. Someone suggested deleting the cache files to force the game to optimize shaders (which was allegedly the problem). Didn't work. I tried reinstalling BF2 and patching to v1.12 and then to v1.2. Didn't work. Then someone suggested the same thing except using the full 1.2 patch, so I downloaded the full patch, then reinstalled BF2 and installed v1.2. Didn't work. I don't know what driver I'm using, but someone using the same card as me said that he has the latest drivers installed, and he has the same problem.

You wouldn't happen to be using a lower end Radeon card, would you? Because that seems to be what most of the people having this problem are running (even though players with supported video cards are having this problem too ).

Comment

yup 9000 pro bet thats it

Comment

Working...
                      X