Install Problems - Win-64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Problems - Win-64 bit

I have a Win-64 bit system (AMD) and am trying to install BF 2 from the DVD.

When it gets past the initial screen it goes to the first install screen and the progress bar completes; there is a flash in the screen, and then....

nothing.

at all.

Has anyone seen this before?

WTF?

Re: Install Problems - Win-64 bit

I dought its a XP64 problem because I am running BF2 of it fine. Make sure you have the correct drivers for everything thats where most of the problems are with xp64.

Comment

Originally posted by Eden
      I dought its a XP64 problem because I am running BF2 of it fine. Make sure you have the correct drivers for everything thats where most of the problems are with xp64.
      Cool - Will give it a go now - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Eden

Well - I have tried everything. I mean *everything* - and I cannot figure it out.

Anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RanDog
          I have a Win-64 bit system (AMD) and am trying to install BF 2 from the DVD.

When it gets past the initial screen it goes to the first install screen and the progress bar completes; there is a flash in the screen, and then....

nothing.

at all.

Has anyone seen this before?

WTF?
          Just a little background:

My BF2 was working great. Special Forces would not work after I built the new 64bit system and tried to run it. So I played BF2 for a while.

Then the patch came out and I thought I would give it another go.

Same issues, so I uninstalled BF2 and SF - now BF2 refuses to install perwhat is happening above.

Frustrated is not the word for it!

Comment

Iam using xp x64 and never any problems, I really dont think your problem has to do with xp x64

actually after reading your post carefully, I think I had the same problem as you, do you have the same sort of problem if you try uninstalling bf2 from your add or remove programs?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe
              Iam using xp x64 and never any problems, I really dont think your problem has to do with xp x64
              I agree - I think it is more of something messed up. I just don't know what to check. I pretty familiar with computers - I have built 5 successfully - - and never have run in to this type of problem.

Comment

dont have the prob here either when i had XP64.

Comment

Have you tried the manual install method as explained in the stickies in this forum?

Are you running and virtual drive software such as demon tools?

Comment

Working...
                  X